PDA

View Full Version : 5th Ave S, Naples, FL

Jeff
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I only have some frame grabs at the moment. This camera is sick. I used the sigma 8-16, and the sigma 24-70.

I can't get over how great of a job this camera captures colors right. Also, what I did today was testing the dynamic range of this camera for sure, and it held up beautifully.

So far I'm super impressed with Sigma glass. Little to none *lens* distortion and chromatic aberration.
Here are the raw files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y25pircmehcml9h

Jason Greene
02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Jeff - beautiful colors! Really nice shots. However, looking at that Mercedes in the foreground of the first shot makes me wonder how you came to the conclusion that there is no distortion in the lens. But, perhaps I misunderstand what you are meaning by distortion. Or, maybe that Mercedes model just looks distorted in real life!

Jeff
02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Jeff - beautiful colors! Really nice shots. However, looking at that Mercedes in the foreground of the first shot makes me wonder how you came to the conclusion that there is no distortion in the lens. But, perhaps I misunderstand what you are meaning by distortion. Or, maybe that Mercedes model just looks distorted in real life!

Thanks!

Yeah I corrected it I meant to say lens distortion, there is a difference between lens distortion and plain old distortion caused by natural phenomenon. Here is a picture of what im talking about. The left is what you want, the right is the lens distortion that is not desirable, the curved lines.