PDA

View Full Version : @ John Brawley: BMC footage on Apple TV?

bryan arnold
05-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Hello John, is it possible to make the current BMC Vimeo footage available on Apple TV? I can watch it on my PC but it's not the same experience. Would love to see it on a larger screen.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Gwangjuboy
05-17-2012, 03:41 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hdmi+cable

bryan arnold
05-17-2012, 03:51 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hdmi+cable

I would need a 20m HDMI cable going through walls and a ceiling to link my PC (upstairs) to my TV (living room)

Gwangjuboy
05-17-2012, 06:51 AM
I bet your regretting never buying a laptop and nailing your desktop computer to the floor right now....

Matthew Bennett
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
The new Apple TV streams from vimeo...

randyman
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Hello John, is it possible to make the current BMC Vimeo footage available on Apple TV?

Bryan, if you have the most recent AppleTV update, there is indeed a Vimeo channel available. I'm at work, or I'd check myself, but you should be able to search for them and find them there. Just make sure your firmware is up to date.

bryan arnold
05-18-2012, 04:45 AM
I bet your regretting never buying a laptop and nailing your desktop computer to the floor right now....
No? I like desktops and can't say the same about any laptop I've ever worked on. Plus a laptop with cable is not the same as this:

Bryan, if you have the most recent AppleTV update, there is indeed a Vimeo channel available. I'm at work, or I'd check myself, but you should be able to search for them and find them there. Just make sure your firmware is up to date.
Correct, I can watch vimeo and youtube. The BMC footage is also on youtube (low quality, probably a vimeo rip off) but it doesn't show up on the AppleTV vimeo search results. Only tons of NAB2012 reviews and a few re-graded screen captures (not by John). Even on my PC there is no "watch later" icon to click on. Maybe the content is just not available for AppleTV users in Europe and I respect that. It won't be too long before other stuff becomes available :)

John Brawley
05-18-2012, 06:41 AM
I have no idea.

There's no "apple TV" option as far as I can see.

It might have something to do with the fact I'm an Australian account holder ?

jb

bryan arnold
05-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I have no idea.

There's no "apple TV" option as far as I can see.

It might have something to do with the fact I'm an Australian account holder ?

jb

Thanks for taking time to reply, John. I'll just wait until other footage becomes available.

thegregferris
05-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I was able to send it to both a AppleTV and a Boxee box using the airplay feature of both a iPhone and iPad, going via John's blog, if that helps.

StephenM
05-19-2012, 12:50 PM
To make it easier to find things in the Vimeo app on AppleTV, I put items into my 'Watch Later' queue on the Vimeo website and then just go to the 'My Watch Later' tab on the AppleTV and play it from there.

Hope this helps.

bryan arnold
05-20-2012, 04:47 AM
To make it easier to find things in the Vimeo app on AppleTV, I put items into my 'Watch Later' queue on the Vimeo website and then just go to the 'My Watch Later' tab on the AppleTV and play it from there.

Hope this helps.

That's what I usually do but when I surf to John's blog (http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/blackmagic-cinema-camera-lets-take-it-from-the-top/) the embedded videos do not show the overlay menu with the option to like or watch later. When I do a vimeo search on DUSK, BEACH DUSK or BONDI I don't get any relevant results. Neither on my computer or the AppleTV.

When I do a Vimeo search on John Brawley 2 accounts show up but both without the BMC footage. So I follow the link on John's blog to http://vimeopro.com/johnbrawleytests/blackmagic-cinema-camera and I get the page with the 4 clips. I can watch them on my PC but there's no overlay menu with the like or watch later icons.

It's not a browser problem because I tried both Firefox and IE under XP and Win7. It's also not because of the VimeoPRO account because I can watch other VimeoPRO videos, like on Philip Bloom's channel for example. But as I said, I'll just wait until other videos become available ;)

jmad
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
The "watch later" option would need to be turned on by John under player customization on Vimeo. The overlay would then appear to viewers.