PDA

View Full Version : FCP 7 keyboard configuration for FCPX

muratcangokce
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
hello everyone...
I am thinking to try FCPx and I downloaded it. In my opinion, the keyboard configuration is very different than FCP7. It is really hard to getting familiar with another configuration like that and I thought it is quite ridiculous for just one app.

So I looked around web to find a keyboard configuration file for FCPX which makes its keyboard configuration same or very similar to FCP7's standart keyboard configurations which I used to work with...
Is there any, please let me know and share it here... :)
thanks!

rick.lang
12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
If there are a small number of keyboard shortcuts you prefer, you can edit any FCPX shortcut to emulate FCP7.

If someone has created a .commandset file with all the shortcuts from FCP7, then you can import that as an optional command set. From the manual:
"Import a command set
1 Do one of the following:
• Choose Final Cut Pro > Commands > Import.
• Open the Command Editor by choosing Final Cut Pro > Commands > Customize, and choose Import from the pop-up menu in the upper-left corner of the Command Editor.
2 In the window that appears, navigate to the location where you’ve stored a command set file, select it, and click Open.
If you’re already using a command set with the same name, a window appears and prompts you to rename the command set.
The new command set is added to the Commands submenu of the Final Cut Pro menu and to the pop-up menu in the Command Editor."