Looking for size Medium and Large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTcDBnaAaPY

Denny Smith
03-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Nice, but they are $200 each. Ouch!
Cheers

Taikonaut
03-13-2018, 01:03 AM
They are metal. If the quality of the gears rivals that of cinema lenses as it claims then I have no complaint. In my opinion the Milvus put the Xeen to shame and cost way less.

Denny Smith
03-13-2018, 12:11 PM
Yes, I was not saying that they were not well made, and they are easy to attach and remove. Yes Milvus lenses have an excellent IQ. I like the idea you can quickly remove the new gears.
Will probably end up getting one to try. A custom ring (non removable), with cut gears, is around $100.
Cheers

Taikonaut
03-13-2018, 01:18 PM
I'm also a photographer so a permanent gear ring is not ideal for me.

The Zeiss lens gear does not appear to be an after thought because Zeiss always intended the Milvus, Otus and other similar body design is targeted for cinematographers. This may have wrong footed imitators such as Rokinon creating still lens with the Milvus style body shape but no way to attache a gear ring securely without copying

Taikonaut
03-22-2018, 01:20 AM
I've got the large but still need the medium.
BTW I tested it and can confirm the lens gear is excellent, made of metal, very stable and does not derail when using the focus gear. It feels like it is part of the lens but you have to make sure you use the gum gum and the ring is tightened.