PDA

View Full Version : Mini update from Christine at Blackmagic Design

Kyle Presley
12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Posted here: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3285

bowman
12-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Reading between the lines I would say this is ultimately good news. ie not the doom and gloom of the camera has been cancelled to maybe we will get our cameras by march next year. I'll wait.

Jonathan Homer Vargas
12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
update to say that there will be an update next Friday that is this, a joke

bowman
12-07-2012, 10:24 PM
update to say that there will be an update next Friday that is this, a joke

Is your name a joke?

Ryan Paige
12-08-2012, 01:28 AM
As it turns out, they spent the last two weeks trying to put the sensors in upside down. Late last night, somebody finally noticed the words "THIS END UP" printed in tiny letters around the sensor.

They figure it will take another week to make sure they did it right this time.

Kingswell
12-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Reading between the lines I would say this is ultimately good news. ie not the doom and gloom of the camera has been cancelled to maybe we will get our cameras by march next year. I'll wait.

I'm predicting extremely bad news. The fact they are still only shipping a few units, plus this reluctance to post an update suggest to me that the camera will continue to ship in small numbers or the thing completely abandoned.

kevin baggott
12-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Yer wrong Kingswell - I'm here up in the bronx, and i was doing my laundry at the local Laundromat and there were two old polish women shelling chestnuts in the back - and I heard one of them say "I hear there's good news next week coming from across the ocean." And her friend winked back at her and said "I heard that too." So there!!!!!!!!

bowman
12-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm predicting extremely bad news. The fact they are still only shipping a few units, plus this reluctance to post an update suggest to me that the camera will continue to ship in small numbers or the thing completely abandoned.

Why would you think extremely bad news when Christine said she hasn't heard any bad news, just delayed news? Hopefully the situation is no so different from a couple of weeks ago just it's going to take longer to get into production in any kind of numbers. That's my prediction anyway.