PDA

View Full Version : DaVinci Resolve Lite and Adobe After Effects

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi guys. Looking for a solution here. There something I don't understand.

I'm using DaVinci Lite to CC some noisy DSLR footage. Resolve Lite doesn't have Noise Reduction and my full copy of Resolve is waiting on my camera to arrive.

If I need to move ahead and finish this film without DaVinci Resolve, what route should I take to Ae where my Neat Video license lives?

I've tried rendering out of Resolve and then switching the master files with the Resolve renders and opening up in PP. Won't load into timeline.

Last night I tried a DPX sequence and neither PP or Ae recognizes the frames in the file. I need to crop the images to a 2.4:1 and perform the NR.

Is all this mission critical? Yes. I do Visual Effects and need the ability to render out and put back in footage into the timeline that has been worked on.

Ae will not open XML also. WTH?

CaptainHook
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey, i own neat video for AE and PP and i wish i had just gotten it for PP since it renders out at least 4 times at fast as it does in AE. That aside, what you want to do is export out from resolve into whatever format (i use proes hq mostly) and make sure the individual source files (or whatever) option is chosen on the delivery page in resolve. After it's rendered out, go to the conform page, make sure the timeline you exported is selected and export the XML. This should open in PP no worries (it does for me). I haven't tried going straight into AE from resolve but you should be able to get there via PP (i'm using CS6 by the way..) at the very least.

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 06:15 PM
You know I knew that too. I kept trying to make the XML I made for Resolve work in PP with the new files thought. Got hungup on it. Now I can use ADL for Ae. Thanks.

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Gamma was fine is PP. Now the gamma's off in AE. I used Blackmagic Uncompressed 10 bit RGB. The document is NOT color managed. Color Management is off. Help?

Brad Ferrell
12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
^bump^

Clay3D
12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I haven't tried this so it may not work. But I would try running the clips through the noise reduction, and exporting it out with the same name into a different folder. If you change the directory of your original footage you might be able to batch relink the files in resolve and work normally from there. For best results I would recommend exporting them from AE in the quicktime animation codec, since the dslr footage was never raw to begin with you shouldn't lose much if any quality.