PDA

View Full Version : Footage for Download Thanks to Brad Ferrell

Learvis
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Okay fellow users I finally got the footage uploaded to Brad Ferrell and the use of his server. The file is zipped 2.4 gig and has 5 clips in it including shooting in the dark at some spot lights. The setting on the camera was 800 iso and film log except for one which is rec709 so you can compare what it looks like versus log. The lens I used was a Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 EX HSM (Sorry my Canon glass is back in Japan) Enjoy and post some stills of your grading. I just wanted to give you guys some log footage to test your grading and workflow while waiting for your cams.
If it's not to your taste that's okay too this was some quick run and gun stuff seeing how the camera works.

Once again a Big Thank to Brad and also those who offered to host the footage

Leavis

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD http://angelisdigital.com/bmcuser_ftp/BMCProres2.zip

Okay I put footage up straight from the camera to a zip file updated the link for download enjoy

mbeck
11-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks, sorry that I didn't get back to you on the dropbox thing. This looks like it worked out better anyway!

Learvis
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks, sorry that I didn't get back to you on the dropbox thing. This looks like it worked out better anyway!
No problems Michael I'm glad you guys offered to help. Oh and I hate the upload speed in Kansas but that's another story!

Tom
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for sharing these,

the odd thing is that in the movie inspector on quicktime, and the file attributes in resolve, the clips are flagged as 60fps.....

have these been re-exported or are they "as is" from camera?

Learvis
11-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for sharing these,

the odd thing is that in the movie inspector on quicktime, and the file attributes in resolve, the clips are flagged as 60fps.....

have these been re-exported or are they "as is" from camera?

I edited them down to a shorter time in FCX sound like I didn't change the timeline frame rate my mistake. I'll try and upload the files again as is from the camera this time.
Thanks for pointing that out trying to do to much at one time.

Tom
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I edited them down to a shorter time in FCX sound like I didn't change the timeline frame rate my mistake. I'll try and upload the files again as is from the camera this time.
Thanks for pointing that out trying to do to much at one time.

no problem, thanks again for sharing!

Learvis
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
no problem, thanks again for sharing!

Original footage is uploading now about 16 hours from now I'll update the link!

Learvis
11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Link is updated with footage straight from the camera.

PaPa
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I haven't tried opening these files in premiere, but opening them in VLC media player, they are incredibly slow and choppy. Wonder if it's just a player thing, but the images look very yummy. I love how the highlights bloom.

Learvis
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
I haven't tried opening these files in premiere, but opening them in VLC media player, they are incredibly slow and choppy. Wonder if it's just a player thing, but the images look very yummy. I love how the highlights bloom.

Hi Papa, I tired the original files in VLC and they played fine I'm on a 17 MBP with 16gig of ram. I'll down load it and see if it's the files later tonight. What I like about the camera is the grain or noise looks nice at night with controlled lighting I'm sure you'll get a very nice image. I shoot in a studio next week I'll ask if I can post a few clips from the project.

kbmediaonline
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Zip file won't open. :(

Learvis
11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Will check it tonight when I get back! ^

PaPa
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi Papa, I tired the original files in VLC and they played fine I'm on a 17 MBP with 16gig of ram. I'll down load it and see if it's the files later tonight. What I like about the camera is the grain or noise looks nice at night with controlled lighting I'm sure you'll get a very nice image. I shoot in a studio next week I'll ask if I can post a few clips from the project.

Might be because im on windows. The files played fine in Premiere. Beautiful images man. God this stuff is so creamy. If only i had the funds.

Tom
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM

Same for me.

Simon Shasha
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah, won't open for me either?

Brad Ferrell
11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end.

Macielle
11-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Same for me.

Originally Posted by kbmediaonline
Zip file won't open.

+1

Learvis
11-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Brad,
Just got back can you check the file and see if you can open it I'm downloading it on another computer now will find out if the file is corrupt in about an hour.

Tom
11-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks again for going to all this effort, it really is worth it!!

Learvis
11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks again for going to all this effort, it really is worth it!!

No problem Tom I checked the file and it got corrupted somehow on the upload. I took the old file down and in the process of uploading it again. I wish I was back in Japan because the upload speeds in Kansas suck! I'll post when finished uploading

Brad Ferrell
11-28-2012, 09:13 AM
downloading now. (My server is in California. I am in Texas.)

refocusedmedia
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Downloading at around 7.5 MB/s lol, will let you know if it works for me here in a couple minutes..

EDIT: No luck.

! C:\Users\name\Downloads\BMCProres2.zip: Unexpected end of archive
! Drag and drop operation failed
The handle is invalid.
! C:\Users\name\Downloads\BMCProres2.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Macielle
11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
maybe you could try to get it under 2gb and upload it to one of those wetransfer or dropbox free services?

Amr Rahmy
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
it's a zip file, if the download is incomplete it might not give you an error. if it's a big file, you need to use an application with resume function, either ftp software or a download manager.

Learvis
11-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll break it up into three smaller files and try again. I get a break in about two hours then I'll start uploading again and update the links.

Brad Ferrell
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
might I suggest you just put the individual files up there individually.

B

My download ended without giving me access to the zip. incomplete.

Learvis
11-28-2012, 04:04 PM
might I suggest you just put the individual files up there individually.

B

My download ended without giving me access to the zip. incomplete.

Will do that this zip thing isn't working out so well!
:confused:

refocusedmedia
11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Any luck?

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
http://angelisdigital.com/bmcuser_ftp/BMCC1/dusklog.mov.zip is online. I had no problems downloading or unzipping. PC WIN7 x64.

Tom
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
http://angelisdigital.com/bmcuser_ftp/BMCC1/dusklog.mov.zip is online. I had no problems downloading or unzipping. PC WIN7 x64.

404 error :-/

refocusedmedia
11-29-2012, 11:48 AM
404 error :-/

Same

"Not Found

The requested URL /bmcuser_ftp/BMCC1/dusklog.mov.zip was not found on this server."

Phil999
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM

at my place it downloads 231 bytes and that's it.

I once downloaded a couple of large files from https://www.wetransfer.com, that worked well. Looks like a good file hoster.

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Dusklog.mov.zip

typo, sorry.

Brad Ferrell
11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I think it's just an illegal filename on Linux mov.zip

Learvis
11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi Brad,

I just got out of production meetings for filming this weekend I'm still uploading the files ask we speak! Man this upload speed in Kansas sucks @ss big time I'm only getting 17 KB/s so it's a all day upload I wish I was back in Japan it would have took about 15 minutes to upload 2.5 gigs if anyone has any suggestion to get it up faster let me know I've been trying for the last few days.

Amr Rahmy
11-29-2012, 06:17 PM
if your already at the limit of your connection speed, then no. otherwise, use an ftp or download manager with upload capability. they usually allow multiple connections per upload/download and allow pause/resume functions. it's also a good idea for the people trying to download.

Tom
11-29-2012, 06:20 PM
How about a private torrent?

Macielle
11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
nice 15 seconds night clip.

try this to download: dusklog (http://angelisdigital.com/bmcuser_ftp/BMCC1/Dusklog.mov.zip)

data rate:

Learvis
11-29-2012, 07:05 PM
if your already at the limit of your connection speed, then no. otherwise, use an ftp or download manager with upload capability. they usually allow multiple connections per upload/download and allow pause/resume functions. it's also a good idea for the people trying to download.

Yeah good info I'm using Fetch FTP It's the upload speed that the problem the speed varies at different times of the day it's starting to increase so there's a little hope I'll just let it keep running for now