PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Lite + DNGs

umuima
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm having an impossible time even getting DNGs into Davinci, they just won't go. I assume my Late 2008 MBP is just incapable of even handling them. Am I right?

What is a simple workflow for bringing RAW Dngs into Davinci Lite?

Peter Chamberlain
11-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm having an impossible time even getting DNGs into Davinci, they just won't go. I assume my Late 2008 MBP is just incapable of even handling them. Am I right?

What is a simple workflow for bringing RAW Dngs into Davinci Lite?

Lite handles DNG fine. The same as full version. The issue will likely be your hardware. Please detail your mbp model. Screen size, ram and OS version.

Details of systems that will work are in the resolve config guides.
Peter

umuima
11-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Late 2008 MPB 15" 4GB Ram OSX 10.6.8.

Fabián Matas
11-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Do you have a Nvidia graphic card with cuda?

Brad Ferrell
11-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Are you able to add them to the media pool?

umuima
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Not able to even bring them into the program.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

markmwilliams
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Not able to even bring them into the program.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Sounds like I've got the same MBP as you. When I loaded Resolve Lite it was telling me I had insufficient GPU RAM (256mb on the card) - did you manage to get around this error and if so, how?

Also you should switch to the more powerful 9600GT chip under energy saver preferences on you laptop.

umuima
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I never saw that error, I just try dragging clips in & nothing happens, & they files / DNG folders aren't showing up in the browser at all.

The 9600 chip has froze my laptop in the past so I stopped fucking around with it, I guess I could give it a shot here though.

Brad Ferrell
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Adding and Removing Media

At minimum, you’ll be using the Media page to add clips to a project for further processing. All
clips you want to work with must first be added to the Media Pool to be available for grading and
processing in DaVinci Resolve, regardless of whether or not there’s edited project data to go along
with it.

If you import XML or AAF projects, you can choose to automatically import all accompanying
media. However, if you find yourself needing to replace updated effects or stock footage in the
Timeline, or you’re called upon to add additional media such as animated titles or superimposed
clips for compositing, then you’ll still need to use the Media page to do so.
Whatever kind of project you’re working on, you can add clips to the Media Pool from as many
different volumes as you need. All imported clips are linked to the original media on whichever
disks you found them; files are not moved, copied, or otherwise transcoded when you add them to
the Media Pool. Consequently, it’s a good idea to make sure that all media you want to import into
your project has already been copied to a suitably fast volume before importing it.
Important: Whenever you add media to a project separately from a project exchange file, such as
an AAF or XML file, you need to make sure that the “Calculate Timecode At” setting in the Master
Project Settings is set to the correct frame rate, since you cannot change this after media has been
added to the Media Pool.

There are several ways of adding clips to the Media Pool by selecting them yourself.

To add individual clips to the Media Pool:

1. Use the Library to find a media file to import.
2. Do one of the following:
>>Double-click that file to add it as a clip to the currently selected bin in the Media Pool.
>>Shift-click or Command-click multiple files, then Right-click one of the selected files and
choose “Add into Media Pool.”

Dave Chin
11-26-2012, 09:23 PM
just out of curiosity, can you bring them into 8.2.2?

Peter Chamberlain
11-27-2012, 01:30 AM
You need to upgrade Dave to 9.x
Please refer to the config guide for system requirements.
Peter

Dave Chin
11-28-2012, 10:46 AM
i was only asking since i thought 8.2.2 was supposed to handle them and it's far more forgiving than 9 in terms of GPU/hardware, etc. (i'm using 9.x myself). it wasn't for me, so thanks for the correction