PDA

View Full Version : Big Ursa with 4.6K Sensor

Vovento
02-23-2017, 02:18 AM
This is what I've found on b&h:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137300-REG/blackmagic_design_cinecamursab46k_ef_ursa_4_6k_dig ital_cinema.html

And here is the turret:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137300-REG/blackmagic_design_cinecamursab46k_ef_ursa_4_6k_dig ital_cinema.html

I think somebody would be interested in it.

G-Man
02-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Interesting, they claim it has global shutter AND 15 stops...

alex.stefani
02-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Yeeees!!! Great news at NAB 2017! ;)

robmneilson
02-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Looks like the listings are down already...but I will take this as good news and hope my turret pre-order is nearly ready!

*edit* looks like the links are back up....

rick.lang
02-28-2017, 04:49 PM
When I read statements like this from the B&H Photo site, it doesn't strengthen their credibility:

"Internally, URSA can record in the two formats. The first is 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW, a losslessly compressed RAW codec designed to give you the greatest latitude for image manipulation in post production. The second is Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), a debayered codec for easier playback and editing in a wide range of video editing applications."

EYu
02-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Those URSA 4.6K and turret have since been there over 2 years ago. But I am encourage and waiting for the Turret announcement, whenever that may be.

robmneilson
02-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Those URSA 4.6K and turret have since been there over 2 years ago. But I am encourage and waiting for the Turret announcement, whenever that may be.

Yeah turrets have been up for forever and a day, but at least the updating of the big ursa to 4.6 is a slight crack of sunshine.

NorBro
02-28-2017, 07:06 PM
When I read statements like this from the B&H Photo site, it doesn't strengthen their credibility:

"Internally, URSA can record in the two formats. The first is 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW, a losslessly compressed RAW codec designed to give you the greatest latitude for image manipulation in post production. The second is Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), a debayered codec for easier playback and editing in a wide range of video editing applications."

lol. That is copied and pasted. (Google what you wrote and see how many websites have the same description, which probably came from some press release at some point in time. I don't know.)

They sell hundreds of thousands of products. It's impossible for them to check the credibility of every single piece of copy that is sent to them.

Michel59
03-01-2017, 12:54 AM
lol. That is copied and pasted. (Google what you wrote and see how many websites have the same description, which probably came from some press release at some point in time. I don't know.)

They sell hundreds of thousands of products. It's impossible for them to check the credibility of every single piece of copy that is sent to them.

Hello everyone , good morning from France . Have a look to the Blackmagic Design site , it seems something is in preparation .. for the second of March .. let's hope , we cross our fingers .. Be realistic .. but positive .. Best Regards from France / Michel

keyframe
03-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Very curious to see if Ursa Mini 4.6k will also get a global shutter sensor if that BH link is true.

adamjrichman
03-01-2017, 11:23 PM
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?phd=4291585331&atclk=New+Release_New+Release&ci=4&N=4294255798+176&origSearch=blackmagic%20design

^^ that's a list of all new items in theory.

Disappointed. Wanted to see the 4.6K mini get decent ISO. Global shutter is cool and all, but I'd rather have better low-light ability. If this camera was able to get clean 3200-6400 ISO I'd be it's biggest evangelist.

Denny Smith
03-07-2017, 07:07 PM
It still using the same 4.6K sensor, so it will have the same sensitivity, this is more of a limit of the sensor, not camera hardware/software. So it will have the same native ISO of 800, which is not bad, given this is a production Cinema camera. Hopefully, it's ISO 1600 will be cleaner, due to the extra cooling and hardware processing capability.
Cheers