PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Bmcc - $4000

jchriston
11-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Figured this was worth a shot. I'll pay $4000 or make me an offer via PM - I guess I'm open to offers by doing this. It will be in good hands and probably be involved in some fun large projects that I can give you more details about if we discuss an offer.

jchriston
11-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Adding to this - I can probably raise this offer as well and it will probably stand until I get my pre-order, and I pre-ordered in August so I'm probably pretty far back in line.

vegetableman
11-16-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackmagic-Cinema-Camera-EF-BMCC-/330828412751?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Came ras&hash=item4d06e8f74f

jchriston
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Hah yeah - I'll be bidding. Good luck to anyone else that is. Ebay is worrisome though - I wouldn't be surprised if this went wayyy up - which is great for that guy then.

strancali
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
hey that bmcc on ebay is my girlfriend, anyone who messes with my girlfriend will have to answer to me!!! :mad: :p

Jason Ramsey
11-16-2012, 03:47 PM
well, i guess we will get to see what the current market is for a 2nd-hand bmc. Which, given the demand, and current lack of availability, I would think some of these owners would do better renting it out while they are in a unique position. Kind of like the early days of RED when there were not a lot of RED One cameras out there, but there was a lot of people wanting to use one. Early buyers have a window for potentially strong return on rentals. Personally, I have never been interested in being a rental house, or renting out my personal gear, but I know some who are willing to take on that responsibility and do well with it.

EDIT: sorry... I totally just broke our own rule.

jchriston
11-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Haha yeah - I'll rent - if the person lets me rent it for like a month. I think that's going to be hard to find as well.

And stancali - see you and your girlfriend Sunday night ;)

strancali
11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm going to have to ban you now Jason (for 2 days) for breaking the rules! You know, I wonder how the insurance thing work for an individual to rent out there gear. I wouldn't mind buying some equipment and do it if I know i'm covered. Sorry off topic but Jason started it :p

strancali
11-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Haha yeah - I'll rent - if the person lets me rent it for like a month. I think that's going to be hard to find as well.

And stancali - see you and your girlfriend Sunday night ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please she's the love of my life. I can't get no other chick! Give the brother a break! :cool:

vegetableman
11-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Im curious why you would pay over a thousand bucks more just to get the camera a bit sooner. I mean you could get a super nice lens with the difference. Im sure there will be more BMCCs on ebay fairly soon at a much cheaper price.

Fluoro
11-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I've wondered why people have been not putting this camera up for Auction with a low starting bit. Even this person got it wrong. I would have started at $1. Imagine the excitement that would have got even though people know it would have gone for 4k+. People don't know how to sell on ebay. When you KNOW that something is going to get a lot of attention and will definitely sell then you start very low.

I have to say though...

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE GETTING BMCS WHO DON"T WANT THEM.

It's really pissing me off.

Edit: Oh and he just opened it up so obviously ebay is not his area of expertise. Oh well.

jchriston
11-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Well I could pay a couple of thousand to rent a Scarlet for a few weeks, or pay $1000 more to just own the camera. I'd choose the owning of a camera. It's gonna be one of these. And why - just the nature of the kind of production i'm in right now would need the flexibility for that low of a cost.

strancali
11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Well I could pay a couple of thousand to rent a Scarlet for a few weeks, or pay $1000 more to just own the camera. I'd choose the owning of a camera. It's gonna be one of these. And why - just the nature of the kind of production i'm in right now would need the flexibility for that low of a cost.

It makes more sense to rent a scarlet and wait for the MFT version. Forget this silly ebay thing jchriston, (look into my eyes).... :p

strancali
11-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Im curious why you would pay over a thousand bucks more just to get the camera a bit sooner. I mean you could get a super nice lens with the difference. Im sure there will be more BMCCs on ebay fairly soon at a much cheaper price.

It's a sickness :(. My GH3 is pre-ordered too. Man I need help seriously. I will pay a grand more for it but not more than that.

vegetableman
11-16-2012, 08:32 PM
It's a sickness :(. My GH3 is pre-ordered too. Man I need help seriously. I will pay a grand more for it but not more than that.

I just bought the Canon 16-36 ii to help me pass the time while i wait for my BM. Im glad i did. now when it comes i will have some nice lenses to go with it. :)

i would give Blackmagic until one more update before you hastily pay a lot more money to some dude trying to make a few extra bucks instead of shooting.

strancali
11-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I just bought the Canon 16-36 ii to help me pass the time while i wait for my BM. Im glad i did. now when it comes i will have some nice lenses to go with it. :)

i would give Blackmagic until one more update before you hastily pay a lot more money to some dude trying to make a few extra bucks instead of shooting.

Nice :). Yes I agree but it's that voodoo wheeling me in :(

Kholi
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
On rentals: market doesnt want it yet actually. Maybe come march. But my friends have been trying to push it, with the lack of production feedback and good footage, people to vouch it'll be a bit.

By that time the camera should be ready.

Might make it easier to get production trust with an MFT.

strancali
11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
On rentals: market doesnt want it yet actually. Maybe come march. But my friends have been trying to push it, with the lack of production feedback and good footage, people to vouch it'll be a bit.

By that time the camera should be ready.

Might make it easier to get production trust with an MFT.

very true Kholi, didn't think about that.

strancali
11-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I know it was you who took my girlfriend away jchriston!!!!

jchriston
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
;) I've been taken care of guys. But thanks for everyone's help on here

strancali
11-26-2012, 07:48 PM
;) i've been taken care of guys. But thanks for everyone's help on here

i knew it!!!!