PDA

View Full Version : James Tonkin's short film footage?

bowman
11-13-2012, 02:11 AM
I could be wrong on the details but I seem to rememeber some weeks back an event hosted by BMC where they were going to show some short film or maybe just footage from i think his name was James Tonkin.

Where is it? can we see it now?

Not to gripe but also there was footage from various sources that we never saw including John Brawleys early footage of some woman that is on the BM website and was shown by Grant petty at presentations. It dosen't kill me not to see it but maybe at this point there is not much point witholding it by BM.

John Brawley
11-13-2012, 07:42 AM
There is a lot of very interesting footage that was shot during the development of the camera.

Some of the later tests were used in Grant's demos and a few other BMD presentations.

It will never be released because there are technical faults with the material that aren't in the production version (like dead pixels) but you still can't convince people not to worry about that sort of issue.

Every now and then I look at the first pictures that were shot with this camera and marvel at how far it's come. Even with some serious issues, it had the BMCC "look" from very early on.

One day I hope to be able to share them.

jb

bowman
11-13-2012, 08:52 AM
There is a lot of very interesting footage that was shot during the development of the camera.

Some of the later tests were used in Grant's demos and a few other BMD presentations.

It will never be released because there are technical faults with the material that aren't in the production version (like dead pixels) but you still can't convince people not to worry about that sort of issue.

Every now and then I look at the first pictures that were shot with this camera and marvel at how far it's come. Even with some serious issues, it had the BMCC "look" from very early on.

One day I hope to be able to share them.

jb

Honestly I was sold on the very first footage I saw you shot going down a street at dusk. It had everything the dynamic range, the detail on the girls hair crossing the street and the colors and look that screamed film to me. Seeing footage since has always been about entertainment for me not decisions about buying the camera.