PDA

View Full Version : Pocket camera still doing it's thing, video blog shoot

misterkofa
02-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Shot and directed a video for Chicago/Atlanta rapper Lil Silk for his recent trip to LA. They wanted a short really lose, kinda raw docu style video.

WARNING: Explicit lyrics

Watch in 1080p if you can.

https://vimeo.com/155960206

https://vimeo.com/155960206

Glornis
02-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Looks really awesome! This camera just continues to impress me. I'm, again and again, blown away by the beauty of the image that comes out of a camera so small. And I'm even further impressed by productions that make me see L.A. from a different perspective. I have what I see L.A. as, then I see things like this that show the city from what another person sees and it's refreshing.

Really great video!

-Tim Crowe

DEAVE
02-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Looks great man!
are you using twixtor for the slow mo?

DPStewart
02-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Mmmmmmm... Uh-huh.

It's work like this that is EXACTLY why whenever someone starts talking to me about 4k this and 4k that.... yeah. Don't care. At all.

UTR-Labs
02-21-2016, 05:12 PM
It's work like this that is EXACTLY why whenever someone starts talking to me about 4k this and 4k that.... yeah. Don't care. At all.

Precisely this.

I'm sure this would look fantastic projected onto a movie theater screen.

As usual, good stuff, Seņor Kofa.

misterkofa
02-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Looks great man!
are you using twixtor for the slow mo?

Yes sir.

ChristianHubbard
02-21-2016, 08:49 PM
fantastic!!!
so good man

stevesherrick
02-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Shot with Pocket on an HBO doc this week. Probably can't say the show name but it's on Tuesdays. :-)
Maybe some of the footage will make it into this week's show. It's a strange little beast that camera. Very much a love/hate relationship.

mcnys
02-22-2016, 04:24 AM
Yes sir.

Soooo, are you using any particular camera settings when shooting for twixtor slowmo? (like what fps, and shutter angle).
And as always great work!!

edit: well i'm stupid enough not to check vimeo comments lol :)

misterkofa
03-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Soooo, are you using any particular camera settings when shooting for twixtor slowmo? (like what fps, and shutter angle).
And as always great work!!

edit: well i'm stupid enough not to check vimeo comments lol :)

Settings are 180 shutter and 30fps. Directing the talent and/or finding the right moments that will work. Someone running really fast against a busy background for example is a bad situation. If u want someone running in slow mo, shoot shallow and have them fake run. You only need a moment so when they're feet are rising up in stride, it looks like they're moving fast. Then intercut that with their actual speed and it will sell the effect.

Things like smoke can work but u just gotta find the right moments. As much as I wished that the pocket had 60p, I think that it forces me to think out and plan my slow mo shots. And that to me is the key.

Mattoid
03-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Good video untill he started babbling jackshit!

stormystudio
03-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Fantastic work. Alot of really stunning shots in there and the work with Twitter looks great too. (I really must revisit using it,).

tyger11
03-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Mmmmmmm... Uh-huh.

I don't want 4K to output in 4K, though. I'm sure you know all the other benefits of capturing in 4K that have nothing to do with final output resolution. I think the first time I saw Dave Dugdale's review of I-don't-remember where he panned across the 4K original with no slider, I about had a heart attack. Plus downsampling from 4K looks super nice. If I could get 4K with the same quality as my Pocket does at 1080p, it would be totally worth it. Storage is cheap. I just want options.