PDA

View Full Version : Forum Improvements

blommer
02-13-2016, 03:09 PM
There has been some debate in other threads regarding forum improvements, such as the use of real names instead in place of usernames. I thought it would be good to have a separate thread to talk about this.

I'm a bit ambivalent on usernames vs real names, I guess real names overall may slightly help things. But just go on twitter or facebook to see real people saying absolutely heinous, hateful things. Also, some of the most memorable jerks and thread-derailers on any of the *-user forums are people who use real names.

"Free speech" is a stupid argument. These aren't public forums run by the government. If any adult has spent any time on reddit, they can tell you that racism, misogyny, and other hate has spread like a cancer throughout that site in the name of "free speech."

In my opinion there are two things that can help:

1) Extremely strong moderation. Some of the meandering threads should have been nuked long ago or at least a temp ban-hammer brought down on some users. There are legitimate criticisms to air regarding Blackmagic Design but the mods here seem to be pretty tolerate despite any fool that sees "censorship." Also, if several legitimate posts stray from the original topic, they should be moved into separate threads. Easier said than done.

2) A $5 donation upon registration would deter a lot of trolls.

DPStewart
02-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Agreed on all counts.

With a strong favoring of the Real Names. It doesn't stop all silliness..but it seriously deters much of it.

I've sent emails requesting to be a site sponsor, but never heard anything back.
I don't see how there could be any reasonable objection to a $5 entry free.

vicharris
02-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Yes and this belongs in another category. If you did a search, you'd find the very old thread where I'm sure we've been asking for the same changes for a long time.

Just one of many asking the same things for years.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?5920-Forum-Suggestions

DPStewart
02-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Heh..
Does this site even have active moderators?
Or do things like this just disappear into that same place that socks go to in the laundry?

vicharris
02-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Heh..
Or do things like this just disappear into that same place that socks go to in the laundry?

I think they would prefer to have the users "self moderate", so to speak, the forum. It's been said over and over again that they need users to report bad or unethical behavior on here but for some reason, people rarely do.

And as you see, we've been asking for sub forums for years so............

Jared Caldwell
02-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Heh..

Active doesn't necessarily mean constantly changing stuff. We check the forums every day. Feel free to keep sending feedback (or even PMs).

John Brawley
02-14-2016, 01:54 AM
Yes. I agree. The best thing is to report a post you want to bring attention to. I think the general idea has been to have pretty loose reins on the moderation, but we can only judge by the feedback we get.

I think the $5 donation is a really really interesting idea. Anyone have a problem with that ? A forum that's free to look at but it costs you $5 to join and post ?

I guess another way to go would be having a like / don't like system for posts and if a user gets too many strikes ???

JB

DPStewart
02-14-2016, 02:12 AM
Yes. I agree. The best thing is to report a post you want to bring attention to. I think the general idea has been to have pretty loose reins on the moderation, but we can only judge by the feedback we get.

I think the $5 donation is a really really interesting idea. Anyone have a problem with that ? A forum that's free to look at but it costs you $5 to join and post ?

I guess another way to go would be having a like / don't like system for posts and if a user gets too many strikes ???

JB

I think it's NIKON-User that charges $5 to join and be able to post. Also some articles are restricted to paid members.
Didn't bother me one bit.

NorBro
02-14-2016, 02:14 AM

DVXuser has their 'helpful post' system and it's being taken advantage of lately.

Someone disagrees with something you say and they down-vote your post. Another person comes across it, may not agree with you either, sees it's been down-voted, and may feel obligated to down-vote it as well (or at least it's very easy to just press the thumbs down button)...and then your post gets hidden.

It's a flawed system.

Steven Abrams
02-14-2016, 04:39 AM
DVXuser has their 'helpful post' system and it's being taken advantage of lately.

Someone disagrees with something you say and they down-vote your post. Another person comes across it, may not agree with you either, sees it's been down-voted, and may feel obligated to down-vote it as well (or at least it's very easy to just press the thumbs down button)...and then your post gets hidden.

It's a flawed system.

Wouldn't it be balanced out by others agreeing and up-voting that post? If the general consensus is to down vote a post because others disagree, then it's not a popular opinion with the greater community and getting hidden makes sense because they don't want to see it. It's only flawed for those who post things most don't agree with, which is what the system wants to protect against. So it's actually working.

stip
02-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Please no entry fee.
There are people who seldomly post or just register to post a in a certain thread but actually do have something to contribute to the community.
The long timers should easily be able to handle repeating posts ect, no big deal.

You can see the Up-Down voting system in action on sites like Daily Mail. Only registered users can comment on articles, but everyone can vote green or red arrow - no need to register. Generally, if someone is 'trolling' you will always see a strong reaction. Likewise, thoughtful comments generally get a strong positive reaction.

A negative side effect of this system are people just fishing for strong reactions, feedback in general. Given that this community is much smaller it might work very well though.

I've been here from the beginning and still like this community a lot. There has been some more intense discussions lately but when BM ship the new cameras they should run dry, I don't think the mods need to interfere more than they do.

NorBro
02-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't it be balanced out by others agreeing and up-voting that post? If the general consensus is to down vote a post because others disagree, then it's not a popular opinion with the greater community and getting hidden makes sense because they don't want to see it. It's only flawed for those who post things most don't agree with, which is what the system wants to protect against. So it's actually working.

Up-voting happens if the citizens of the forum are mindful voters and take action. Sometimes it's not something to be bothered with.

It's flawed in the sense that it's not accurate. People can be too vote-happy and you'll see simple posts hidden that should have not been (over camera quality, features, technical details, etc.)

Yesterday, a guy posted issues he had with a camera very politely without trolling and was down-voted immediately and the post was hidden. But then to your point, a bunch of people up-voted it and stuck up for him. Doesn't always happen though.

BMCuser is more aggressive than DVXuser, so I can just picture threads filled with hidden posts and having to expand them constantly to see what was said, lol.

But that then only applies to the posts...not sure how JB or others would want to tie in a "strike" system into that.

I actually don't care about any of it though...don't think anything needs to be changed here.

Jared Caldwell
02-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm not 100% convinced of up-voting/down-voting, but I'm thinking of how it could work.

I think if it was an incredibly easy one-click up-vote, but a much more difficult 3 step process to down-vote, that could help. For instance, you would need to click down-vote, then type in a 2 line reason why, and then you would have to enter your username and password. That would keep people from being too twitchy to down-vote (but still easy enough for those who mean it or are really determined). Plus, your name is associated with it.

The main change I think we need is accountability. If you're going to post something, it should be something you've thought about for at least 30 seconds and is something you'll stand by. If it's just stream-of-consciousness aggression, then you should be held accountable for that too. These barbs thrown in the dark are a real buzz kill.

It's just cameras, people. Cam-er-as.

John Brawley
02-14-2016, 04:45 PM

I actually don't care about any of it though...don't think anything needs to be changed here.

I do.

I know from my own personal experience I don't post as much as I'd like to and want to.

I know of other long time users who feel exactly the same. Maybe that's the way you like it, but I think it means you're missing out on the opinions of those that have the most to offer, no matter if you like their views or not.

It's unfortunate that those that have that experience are perceived to be apologists or deniers. A label I also detest. For example the recent "discovery" about the Jody Eldred footage. I was 96% sure it was the wrong LUT. The blacks were lifted and blue. The chroma was so over cooked it looked like lens chromatic aberration. Clearly it wasn't graded properly or processed. But you get everybody jumpin up and down saying it's a camera fault and there's a major problem. You post to say it's the wrong LUT and you get called a "defender", "the usual crowd", "a naysayer" and "apologist". These are all labels that have beed directed at me. Of course if you respond in kind you're denigrated for lowering the tone and calling someone a name. You have your ethics questioned and challenged, all of which detracts from the actual issue at hand. It's that kind of crap that to me makes me dis-inclined to post. It's not about the issue but about questioning credibility. Maybe I should be more resilient but why should I ?

I want to be able to share information, debate and contribute in a positive way to the shared knowledge we can all bring in a discourse about the camera, workflow and processes. It should be pretty self evident where we all stand in terms of relationships to brand or others. And yet we still get these shitty petty squabbles. I engage only because I also hate to see BS stand when I know there's another more plausible version. But it's a pretty heavy price.

A real name means in my experience you're much less likely to post crap, and even if you do, we can search the name and work out if you're someone deserving of weighting for perspective or experience or some blow hard. It increases the level of accountability for what you say.

JB

DPStewart
02-14-2016, 05:43 PM
I do.

I know from my own personal experience I don't post as much as I'd like to and want to.

I know of other long time users who feel exactly the same. Maybe that's the way you like it, but I think it means you're missing out on the opinions of those that have the most to offer, no matter if you like their views or not.

It's unfortunate that those that have that experience are perceived to be apologists or deniers. A label I also detest. For example the recent "discovery" about the Jody Eldred footage. I was 96% sure it was the wrong LUT. The blacks were lifted and blue. The chroma was so over cooked it looked like lens chromatic aberration. Clearly it wasn't graded properly or processed. But you get everybody jumpin up and down saying it's a camera fault and there's a major problem. You post to say it's the wrong LUT and you get called a "defender", "the usual crowd", "a naysayer" and "apologist". These are all labels that have beed directed at me. Of course if you respond in kind you're denigrated for lowering the tone and calling someone a name. You have your ethics questioned and challenged, all of which detracts from the actual issue at hand. It's that kind of crap that to me makes me dis-inclined to post. It's not about the issue but about questioning credibility. Maybe I should be more resilient but why should I ?

I want to be able to share information, debate and contribute in a positive way to the shared knowledge we can all bring in a discourse about the camera, workflow and processes. It should be pretty self evident where we all stand in terms of relationships to brand or others. And yet we still get these shitty petty squabbles. I engage only because I also hate to see BS stand when I know there's another more plausible version. But it's a pretty heavy price.

A real name means in my experience you're much less likely to post crap, and even if you do, we can search the name and work out if you're someone deserving of weighting for perspective or experience or some blow hard. It increases the level of accountability for what you say.

JB

I feel EXACTLY this same way about the whole experience.

Even just going over to Blackmagic's own forum is a much more civil and productive environment.
Although that place really could use some new curtains.

NorBro
02-14-2016, 07:15 PM
I do.

They have this saying around my parts: "This city will eat you alive".

Maybe, "This forum will eat you (people) alive...".

I personally love to learn and I want to hear everyone's thoughts.

You should always post as much as you'd like to and want to. Your knowledge is priceless. I don't think any experienced mind/poster should stop posting just because the going gets tough...you see how thankful people are when you answer questions and/or share your knowledge. So appreciated.

On a side note, I did always wonder if people made up names on other forums...

John Brawley
02-14-2016, 07:18 PM
On a side note, I did always wonder if people made up names on other forums...

I'm sure they do.

But again, you can vet who they are.

JB

ugafan
02-14-2016, 09:17 PM
i could be completely oblivious to this stuff because it's not directed at me or maybe i have much thicker skin than a normal human being, but what are people saying that is so horrible? making all these people change their screen names or charging a fee to post here seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

regarding criticism, there are always going to be critical people in this world. all i can say is don't let that stuff get you down. you know who you are as a professional and what you're about. what you contribute far outweighs whatever negative thing someone says about you.

DPStewart
02-14-2016, 09:24 PM
i could be completely oblivious to this stuff because it's not directed at me or maybe i have much thicker skin than a normal human being, but what are people saying that is so horrible? making all these people change their screen names or charging a fee to post here seems like a bit of an overreaction to me.

regarding criticism, there are always going to be critical people in this world. all i can say is don't let that stuff get you down. you know who you are as a professional and what you're about. what you contribute far outweighs whatever negative thing someone says about you.

Trolls, dicks, people who use FAR more aggressive language than they normally would if their REAL NAME was being attached to it...
Also people who are keyboard warriors who aren't really actually in the business nor really engaging in the craft this forum focuses on, but like to spew garbage toward anyone and everyone - a simple $5 initial joining fee stops almost ALL of that type.

No one is saying "Oh, it's so bad I cannot come post here at all!" ...it ain't that.
But when there is enough of the garbage postings and comments - many people just no longer WANT to as much anymore. And most of the people that feel that way are the more experienced ones - the ones who we all gain SO MUCH from on a forum like this.

ugafan
02-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Trolls, dicks, people who use FAR more aggressive language than they normally would if their REAL NAME was being attached to it...

you think that way because you're a nice guy. trust me, if someone is a tool in real life, having their "real name" attached won't stop them from being a jerk. :cool:

my perception is the vast majority of people here are decent and only a very small minority act like jerks.

blommer
02-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Forums don't usually just die. They gradually worsen as good users drift away because it becomes less worthwhile to participate. Usually because of inactive or poor moderation.

I have to bring up reddit again. The forum rot effect happens all the time on subreddits at reddit. Subreddits are essentially their own communities with their own moderators. Once a year or so, reddit will change which subreddits become "default." Default subreddits then show up on the front page to all new users and users who haven't subscribed to any specific subreddit community. These subreddits so often turn toxic as trolls and newbies run wild and mature users move on to other communities.

Trolls exist because it's so easy to be a jerk. A small fee would force trolls to pay money to be a jerk. Few, if any, would do that. It would also put less of a burden on moderation.

After spending at least $1,000 on a cinema camera, why wouldn't you pay $5 to join a community of professionals?

DPStewart
02-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Forums don't usually just die. They gradually worsen as good users drift away because it becomes less worthwhile to participate. Usually because of inactive or poor moderation.

I have to bring up reddit again. The forum rot effect happens all the time on subreddits at reddit. Subreddits are essentially their own communities with their own moderators. Once a year or so, reddit will change which subreddits because "default." Default subreddits then show up on the front page to all new users and users who haven't subscribed to any specific subreddit community. These subreddits so often turn toxic as trolls and newbies run wild and mature users move on to other communities.

Trolls exist because it's so easy to be a jerk. A small fee would force trolls to pay money to be a jerk. Few, if any, would do that. It would also put less of a burden on moderation.

After spending at least $1,000 on a cinema camera, why wouldn't you pay $5 to join a community of professionals?

Hear here!

Well said Sir.

Zak Forsman
02-14-2016, 10:37 PM
I'd pay a $5 fee. I'll throw down for DPStewart's cover charge too.

DPStewart
02-14-2016, 11:04 PM
I'd pay a $5 fee. I'll throw down for DPStewart's cover charge too.

Aww man!
Makin' me look broke 'n front of everyone... again.

stip
02-15-2016, 11:38 AM
How old is DVXuser?
I think it's doing well, I don't see it rottening, neither does this community. It's really not that bad and in a way inevitable anyway.

In general I prefer the usual amount of trolls over a closed, quite community.
That said, if changes are needed to stop a group of members from dispersing valuable people like John Brawley than that should be considered.

NorBro
02-15-2016, 11:50 AM
How old is DVXuser?

Copyright says 2003.

Denny Smith
02-15-2016, 01:18 PM
I agree, there is some,validity to using "real names" to keep a forum civil. Even thought have been around the industry for many years, seen lots of changes, mostly good, the one change I find most exciting, is the current availability of excellent tools/cameras/software available for a majority of people who can mow participate in film making, that a few years ago would not have been possible. Having no technology to easily share ones experiences and knowledge quicklymismeven more exciting. We need to keep experienced people involved in the forum to help those with less experience, or just starting out to learn and be exposed to a variety of ideas, so they can learn and grow. Even with my level of experience, I have learned a lot about the newer technology available by participating in this forum. No one person knows everything, but get a diverse group of talented people together, and anything can happen!

I also do not appreciate people who are disruptive, add no real information, or are out to just discredit an idea, member, or piece of equipment just because they do not personally "like it/them" or are just "trolling" just to be disruptive. I know, I have taken breaks from or stopped reading a particular theead when the "mud slinging" gets to be too much. I value the imputation experienced people currently working in the industry from members like John Brawley or Capt.Hook, and others who contribute valuable information here. Loosing members like them to disruptive behavior by a few would,be a grea loss.

If it takes an annual "membership fee" count me in. I think a member should register with their real names, but have the ability to use an online "handle" in the forum. Their real,identity could be "private" available only to the Moderators, or "public" and available by clicking on their forum name as we do now by registered users only. This way, ones comments would have a level of accountability and might keep "general trollers" at bay. However, using real names seems to work on other forums (like the BM Forum) but, it does not totally eliminate disruptive behavior or trolling. When I see this type of behavior, I just ignore it, and move on. If you do not "fuel a fire", it will eventually go out.
Cheers

vicharris
02-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Real names, paid membership and sub forums...all for it. But we've been asking for these things for years Mods. What makes this thread any different or the requests more important than any of the other ones of the years?

The voting idea on threads and posts is interesting.

I'd also love to see repeated threads closed and the conversation moved to existing threads. This alone would clean up this forum immensely. Now of course if the original thread is a year old or so but we're seeing the same question asked over and over again on here relentlessly within days of one another or weeks. There's absolutely no reason to allow that and it just spreads out the knowledge and responses to multiple places.

ugafan
02-15-2016, 04:24 PM
i vote against real names and paid membership. i think a lot of the problems can be resolved simply by enforcing the current forum rules. if a person persists in making personal attacks, ban them.

Michael Sandiford
02-19-2016, 05:49 AM
I vote for real names. Happy to pay a signing up fee if needed.

rick.lang
02-19-2016, 11:44 AM
The people proposing a $5 fee as a deterrent to trolls are all responsible, healthy, well-adjusted, ethical, trustworthy, generous, and positive contributors to this forum. Yes, a small fee might deter a few trolls from making that first post, but it may be that many trolls don't come from the same fair and balanced mindset as you. You'll get many trolls paying their $5 because it's a very small price to pay for the personal pleasure they derive from their posts. So I might work, but I thinks it's better just to deal with the problem in other ways. The single most effective strategy is "don't feed the trolls." Some of you like to correct the erroneous or misleading information a troll posts and so you reply. The troll replies. Then you replay. Troll wins. Let's stop trying to prove our points, just let the troll post, but ignore the post or make only one brief retort and leave the troll to starve from the lack of attention that is often all that interests them. I may be oversimplifying but there's no easy fix. I almost never look at the comments or visit the sites that I know have been taken over or thoroughly sullied by these needy people.

dregenthal
02-19-2016, 12:39 PM
I vote for real names. Happy to pay a signing up fee if needed.

Yep, me too.

I don't think I've ever used an alias . . . "dregenthal" is my first initial and last name (same on DVXUSER), sneaky huh?

David_Regenthal on eBay and David Regenthal on BlackMagic's forum

This might sound silly but the reason I'm in favor of registering with real names is when someone acts out in a continiously negative way, I just kinda want to know their name and (IMHO) their hiding behind "Mr Cameraman" or "Ghost" or whatever just isn't that memorable. Of course no system is going to satisfy everyone--folks that act like jerks will find a way to defeat what the well meaning folks put in place anyhow. I like it here (mostly listen and not post anyhow).

Cheers.

Timothy Cook
02-19-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm all for the ideas everyone has for improvements here, but I wonder how the voting system may effect the knowledge passed on here.

Example: I just recently posted about a new camera coming out which only produces 8bit color. I think that the post being started here on BMCuser (we love our high bit cameras :P) would receive a slew of down votes for the one reason of the camera being 8bit, and not for the main reason of me posting that there is a new camera coming with interesting features. If it was to be hidden because of the amount of down votes I don't think we would of had that really interesting and civil debate from a few of our very knowledgeable members over scaling of 8bit and 10bit color. I for one learned something from that post, when it was originally meant to spotlight new camera tech.

Mark Howser
02-19-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm still new to this forum and haven't posted a lot. But, I've gotten so much good information reading through posts, $5 to join is a bargain.

Kyle Prohaska
02-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Am I the only one who sees all attached pics in posts as a ? mark. They're always broken...no matter who's posting. Just my issue?

UTR-Labs
02-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Am I the only one who sees all attached pics in posts as a ? mark. They're always broken...no matter who's posting. Just my issue?

This is a fairly common issue here. The solution is to add "www" to the url (or just hit the link below) and log in again. Also make sure to rebookmark.

http://www.bmcuser.com

AndyGandy
03-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Didnt get how to ask to change my nickname to real name? How to pm to admin?

pharpsied
03-23-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't mind real names, but I am not feeling the fee. If I was coming in as a newbie or something like that, OK. But I came over as an active poster on the "mayflower" of the original DVXuser thread like many here and I love this community... I joined this group and ordered my BMCC camera on my birthday for God's sake! I don't want to pay to separate from people who should know how to behave. That being said, if the community says so, I will absolutely comply. People should be better behaved though, shouldn't have to come to this.

Jason Ramsey
03-24-2016, 09:29 AM
we won't be charging a fee.

Considering real names... It does make it easier for me to pick out spammers in the registrations, but beyond that... I question the return it provides in terms of forum behavior vs. the added time to have to change a bunch of usernames. Folks can register with real sounding names... We aren't exactly checking ID at the door.

We are long overdue for some overhaul here. I haven't read this whole thread yet. I will look back at it and keep an eye on all of your suggestions over the next couple of weeks. No need to get into debates about whose ideas are better or worse, though :) Just post em if you got em.

We always welcome and encourage real names. If you want it changed, you can contact me with your request. Though, you will probably have a better chance of me actually doing it if you give me a couple of weeks to get through this busy time of the year.

vicharris
03-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Closing repeated threads would help improve the forums chaos and streamline valuable info in one thread. Of course if it gets huge, start a thread2 of it. There's no reason to have threads started every couple days about the same topic. It makes it impossible to track down the best info. Just a close topic and divert to existing thread kinda thing. It's a great improvement and alone would help out.

rick.lang
03-25-2016, 03:16 PM
That behaviour is happening in spades on the official BMD forum. Repeatedly new users start threads that are virtually identical to threads started a few days earlier!

vicharris
03-25-2016, 04:24 PM
That behaviour is happening in spades on the official BMD forum. Repeatedly new users start threads that are virtually identical to threads started a few days earlier!

Endless and without zero research. Funny thing is, I did this exact same thing years ago, not here and got crucified for it. I realized how stupid it was, apologized, found the right thread and asked for mine to be closed. I don't understand why most of the new users have to argue about it. It's mind-boggling to me.

Also I stay away from the official forum unless I'm looking for a very specific thing I know is not here. Think I have 30-40 posts there :)

Jason Ramsey
03-25-2016, 10:02 PM
report repeat threads (even better with a link to an already existing thread) and we can close and re-direct them.

vicharris
03-27-2016, 06:58 PM
report repeat threads (even better with a link to an already existing thread) and we can close and re-direct them.

I do Jason and I've never seen action taken. Also report guys bumping for sale threads endlessly that never change prices.

Though I will add existing links which I've never done before but only makes sense to do.

starcentral
03-28-2016, 09:24 AM
Closing repeated threads would help improve the forums chaos and streamline valuable info in one thread. Of course if it gets huge, start a thread2 of it. There's no reason to have threads started every couple days about the same topic. It makes it impossible to track down the best info. Just a close topic and divert to existing thread kinda thing. It's a great improvement and alone would help out.

I know this post is in reference to the thread I started where I graded with variation some of John Brawley's short film clips BMD had provided in RAW for download. I updated it and put more context around my post. Coming from having owned a Sony F55 for 3 years working on everything from TV commercial projects for big brands to small indie projects like music videos and film, I wanted to share my first thoughts on working with the images from the mini 4.6k and open it up for any discussion. It wasn't so much a "look at my grading" post, it was meant more for discussion.

In the footages section right now on the first 3 pages there isn't one thread with graded images from John Brawley's short film shoot. Poking around a few days later I did find one in the "general discussions" section of BMCuser.com but aside from being in the wrong section that I'd never find it, I decided to start my own discussion post and as mentioned felt it warranted it.

Now onto more serious matters, looking through only 2 pages of posts you've made here on BMCuser.com with your attitude and language I'd actually say you're far more of a problem for a friendly forum like BMCuser.com then someone who wants to start their own thread for discussion. This is a forum after all that is discussion based. My advice for you is to simply report posts you feel need to be addressed and let moderators do their job because otherwise it's people like you who think they are contributing to a forum by policing it when in fact it's people like you who give nice forums like this (especially to new people) a bad impression or bad experience. If you were actually trying to helpful here on BMCuser.com you would have seen I had 23 posts to my name and adjusted your attitude or tone towards my post. But you didn't and it's obvious you feel the need to carry some authority around here. Simply let moderators do their job, it will go a long way.

Lastly if you really don't like how BMCuser.com runs itself with limited (and likely free) resources then why come here? There's really no need for any negativity towards members and moderators for that matter. This is a forum for crying out loud, we're not sending people to Mars here. Maybe start your own forum with your own rules and run it how you like.

These are not even 2 months worth of your posts:

So you're a new guy and the people that have been shooting on the URSA and the 4.6K are giving you good advice and you piss on that. Good job bro. We'll remember. Go waste your money. Do what you want and remember that when you come back fro more BS advice.

George, you have to stop with all the repeated bumps in the many for sale threads you have. There's 6 bumps just above without a price reduction. Everyone of your threads looks like this. Time to move it to Ebay sir.

You must have price drops for excessive bumping.

And the fact Mods do not care if we have 124 threads on the same exact subject. Just look at the forum improvement thread. The exact questions and recommendations have come up for the past 2 years and still zero change. It's just the way it is around here I guess.

As per forum rules, you must have prices.

For the love of God. Why is it so difficult to put this in the right category?

2 Micros or Pockets unless you have very experienced improve actors.

You'll fuck yourself with the 4.6.

There's already a whole thread devoted to this. Why start another one?

Jared Caldwell
03-28-2016, 10:25 AM
I do Jason and I've never seen action taken. Also report guys bumping for sale threads endlessly that never change prices.

Though I will add existing links which I've never done before but only makes sense to do.

Actually, we do see and act upon all of the reports, it just might not always be your way. We've always taken a more laid back approach here, because frankly there hasn't been a ton of content until fairly recently. The release of the URSA Mini has really grown our user base, so expect things to slowly evolve.

Vic, you're good with reporting posts, and it's really appreciated. I do have a request: would you mind not sandbagging other threads with complaints? It's seriously demoralizing to OPs to have their threads go off topic because they didn't put something in the appropriate place or made a mistake. The same laid back approach that allows for these kinds of mistakes is the same approach that allows your comments to remain. We haven't censored you, and you're a frequent contributor. I like your posts when you actually post something helpful. The posts that complain are the ones that tend to throw threads off-topic. This is just a request (respectfully).