PDA

View Full Version : Whoa. Didn't plan on this. Got a BMC today

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Just bought a RED Scarlet last week, and now the BMC shows up... Don't know what to do.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Just bought a RED Scarlet last week, and now the BMC shows up... Don't know what to do.

Maybe sell the BMCC to me. :-)

What part of the world are you located in?

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm in Los Angeles. The camera came in from Melrose Mac.

nickjbedford
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Shotgun! (if you've heard the slang)

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I think I'm going to shoot with it this weekend. Maybe do a "shoot out" with my Scarlet-X, and decide which I like better. I can only afford to keep one.

Kent Nichols
I'm here, been waiting so I can get some footage of my baby born on Monday and use it to shoot my web shows.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
I won't pay a dime less than $6,000!

Wait, what am I saying? :-)

If I may ask, when did you order it?

Liam
congratulations??

Kent Nichols
10-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Stop by Santa Monica tomorrow! We are shooting with the Bui Brothers and Misa from Jag35!

adam777
10-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I think I'm going to shoot with it this weekend. Maybe do a "shoot out" with my Scarlet-X, and decide which I like better. I can only afford to keep one.

Wish I had bought the Scarlet but you live in the US :)

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I ordered it the day it was shown at NAB. It's been a long wait.

I wish I wan't so broke right now.

Trevor Roach
10-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Haha wow! That's quite the surprise!

Looking forward to your test. If you end up liking the scarlet better, I'm still interested, as we talked about earlier =)

vegetableman
10-26-2012, 07:51 PM
i hate you.

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Stop by Santa Monica tomorrow! We are shooting with the Bui Brothers and Misa from Jag35!

What are you shooting? I'm in Santa Monica right now. Might be here tomorrow too, on 2nd st.

mhood
10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I h8 you too...now.

nickjbedford
10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I love you. Please give me your Blackmagic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
I'll give you $6K plus Kent's new baby for it. :-)

adam777
10-26-2012, 07:57 PM
What are you shooting? I'm in Santa Monica right now. Might be here tomorrow too, on 2nd st.

Oh stuff! There goes one of the cameras. Would have been happy with either of them ...

Austin Flack
10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
I live in Santa Monica. Pre-ordered an hour after it became available from Adorama. Still no word. If you guys are shooting in Santa Monica, I'd love to stop by. I have a bunch of accessories for the camera already—hard drive, Switronix, Manfrotto shoulder rig with LANC, lenses etc. Private message me or email : austinflack (at) gmail.com

Also, if you decided to sell it—obviously I'd be an eager buyer.

adam777
10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
... can someone in Australia please do the same with their Scarlet & BMCC ??? ... it always happens in the US ...

Kent Nichols
10-26-2012, 08:12 PM
PM'ed

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Again, if I didn't JUST buy a Scarlet-X, there wouldn't be a second thought. I'd be sleeping with this camera and having its babies.

This weekend I really want to test the potential of the cam. To me RED cameras look soft in a pleasing organic way, while some of the BMC footage I've seen tends to have a little too sharpened of a look. I want to see if I can bend the BMC to be shot and graded the way I like.

I don't expect it to stand up to the Scarlet-X when it comes to common DSLR plagues, like rolling shutter, but if I feel like it can get 75-80% of the shots as well as the Scarlet... Then I know which one is going back. I'd rather have extra budget to shoot with than a bigger camera.

Kent Nichols
10-26-2012, 08:13 PM

+1

nickjbedford
10-26-2012, 08:20 PM
To me RED cameras look soft in a pleasing organic way, while some of the BMC footage I've seen tends to have a little too sharpened of a look.

A curious observation. I've thought it was the opposite. RED feels too crisp and skin tones don't feel great compared to BMCC and Alexa footage. But each to their own.

adam777
10-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Again, if I didn't JUST buy a Scarlet-X, there wouldn't be a second thought. I'd be sleeping with this camera and having its babies.

This weekend I really want to test the potential of the cam. To me RED cameras look soft in a pleasing organic way, while some of the BMC footage I've seen tends to have a little too sharpened of a look. I want to see if I can bend the BMC to be shot and graded the way I like.

I don't expect it to stand up to the Scarlet-X when it comes to common DSLR plagues, like rolling shutter, but if I feel like it can get 75-80% of the shots as well as the Scarlet... Then I know which one is going back. I'd rather have extra budget to shoot with than a bigger camera.

Goto reduser for the workflow. From what I've read you have to follow the right workflow to sharpen the image properly and make it look good. I've seen such a broad range of results from this camera with both good and bad lenses, and different workflows.

adam777
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Regret is seeing the beginning of that scarlet sale and not buying because work was a little slow. Looking forward the the BMCC MFT

Jeff
10-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Did you get a E-mail or did it just show up at the door with out you knowing?

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM
From the R3D files I've worked with, before sharping or de-noising in post, they tend to have a very organic, softer all around feel to me than the BMC. And I feel the RED has the best skin tones (I think that in that "shootout" this morning they also came to that conclusion).

Some of the BMC videos I really love the image, it's kind of a cool, tack-sharp, hyper-detail look. I'm curious how many different looks it's capable of to meet different jobs. Could I shoot something and have someone not recognize that it's from the BMC?

matt garrett
10-26-2012, 08:46 PM
I've always thought color wise it's been Alexa>Red>Sony's but after playing with a bmc I'd put it Alexa>BMC>RED>Sony's
I do think there is a lot of color inconsistency in the BMC footage being posted due to people not being used to handling raw footage.

Fluoro
10-26-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't get the people that feel like they missed out massively on the Red sale. Keep an eye out and similar deals are bound to arise from private sellers. (especially some who jumped at the RED sale and then regret it...).

For instance:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?87747-RED-SCARLET-X-Lightweight-Set-extras

Lorenzo Straight
10-26-2012, 09:48 PM
This is good news for everyone. Camera's are being delivered. Good times.

Lorenzo Straight
10-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Strange, I don't even see the camera listed on the website at Melrose Mac.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
This is good news for an incredibly tiny number of people, including for a few people who actually want the camera. Cameras continue to trickle out, in an apparently random, haphazard, arbitrary fashion. "Good times", indeed.

Fixed that for ya. ;-)

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't get the people that feel like they missed out massively on the Red sale. Keep an eye out and similar deals are bound to arise from private sellers. (especially some who jumped at the RED sale and then regret it...).

For instance:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?87747-RED-SCARLET-X-Lightweight-Set-extras

Buying from RED in the previous Scarlet "battle tested" sale meant that buyers could get 3 years of RED Armor coverage and have the cam registered in their name. When buy used, you not only take a bit of a risk, but you also have to pay an extra $1250 to transfer ownership.

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Strange, I don't even see the camera listed on the website at Melrose Mac.

Melrose Mac is a retail location/small chain. They were listed on the front of BMDs reseller page the day of NAB, and were also one of the first to place an order with BMD.

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Fixed that for ya. ;-)

I didn't stumble upon the camera, I've been waiting every day since April. I WANT the camera. If this was a few weeks ago I would have cut off my arm for the camera. The first world problem I'm in now is that I want two cameras, and can't have them both. This weekend I'm going to have to make a tough decision and choose a favorite kid.

I know other people on here have wanted the camera as much as me and I'm not going to pull some dick move and put it on eBay for $6k. I don't know what I'm going to do, but not that. I'm going to try to meet up with whoever I can in LA so they can check out the camera, and I'll try to add to the "evaluation" videos on Vimeo with any tests that may have been missing.

It's odd that now that I have it, I'm not as excited as I could be, because I'm sad we're not all in the same boat.

Lorenzo Straight
10-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Hahahaha, good one, Peter.

Steve Madsen
10-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo

+1

Kent, +1 what? If you're going to start a bidding war, you should really be more specific...

Jarred Land
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Ill trade you $5000 worth of Scarlet Accessories for it :)

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 11:25 PM

Shit just got interesting! :-)

rick.lang
10-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Kent's agreeing with Peter's offer of $6K plus Kent's newborn baby. Looks like Peter and Kent will be sharing a camera, currently working out the details of who gets it on the weekends. Kent's wife wasn't too happy with their arrangement and has offered to move into whoatemyteeth's penthouse apartment with the baby if he keeps the BMCC.

Kent Nichols
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Shes a healthy white baby, worth $80k on Craigslist easy.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 11:33 PM
If Jarred Land's offer is legit, which I suspect it might be, I say avoid the legal entanglements of a questionable baby (or wife) swap, and take the Scarlet accessories!

morgan_moore
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Do you have a rental house that would do a 50/50, you could probably get it back in 2 months for free, then you own both!

S

spectrumfilms
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Not sure I would trust Jarred...only 1 post. :p

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Not sure I would trust Jarred...only 1 post. :p

:-)

I didn't notice the "1 post" count, but I did notice the "Administrator" title.

In addition to the $5K worth of Scarlet accessories, I'd also ask for a private tour of RED HQ, too.

whoatemyteeth
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Jarred is the president of RED.

Very legit.

And that's an awesome offer.

spectrumfilms
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Obviously I was kidding. If Jarred ever wanted any camera of mine, I would make it work.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Jarred is the president of RED.

Very legit.

And that's an awesome offer.

In my best John Brawley voice, "Really?"

spectrumfilms
10-26-2012, 11:55 PM
It is a very awesome offer

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
If Jarred ever wanted any camera of mine, I would make him work a little harder for it.

vegetableman
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
shit just got interesting! :-)

hahaha!

Andrew
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM

$6000 and he keeps the copy of resolve. ;)

I'm the negotiator whoatemyteeth didn't ask for. :)

mbeck
10-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Hehe... first world problems :)

PaulDelVecchio
10-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I'll take your BMCC if you don't want it. I have the cash just waiting for one right now. =)

vidguy22
10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I'll take your BMCC if you don't want it. I have the cash just waiting for one right now. =)\

Cash? How much? He wants to ride in a Limo with Mr. Land and Mr Jannard to meet hollywood stars!

Jarred Land
10-27-2012, 01:37 AM
100% Legitimate offer. I am a big fan of what Black Magic has done over the years and wouldn't mind adding one of their cameras to my collection.

dustylense
10-27-2012, 01:48 AM
100% Legitimate offer. I am a big fan of what Black Magic has done over the years and wouldn't mind adding one of their cameras to my collection.
Wow. I say keep the Scarlet that you bought and take this offer HANDS down. Think about it. Your Scarlet is a great camera and has upgrade programs (Dragon). You can still proxy to recorder as well. I would go meet Jarred personally with your Scarlet and have them suggest what you should add base upon your shooting style and get $5,500 out of RED. THe BMC is trickling out and you have a rare sought after camera.

Sound like a Plan Jarred? $5,500 and a personal kitting for the Lad?

morgan_moore
10-27-2012, 01:51 AM
I hope red hack it and release a compressed raw upgrade

Or decide to cut the cost of scarlet!

S

vidguy22
10-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Just look at the BMC will ya?

$6 k for one yesterday.
$ 5.5 k + personal RED fitting today

Im scared to see the price tomorrow!

Paul Cook
10-27-2012, 01:57 AM
I say think bigger. Epic is set for a substantial price reduction...red surely has a few 'battle tested' units lying around that would be cheaper still...Jarred wants your BMCC!! Might be a long shot but I'd pose the question if it were me in the hot seat ;-)

Jarred Land
10-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Sound like a Plan Jarred? $5,500 and a personal kitting for the Lad?

Hey you guys all be quiet over there.. you are going the wrong way in price :)

heh heh heh.

I am more than happy to offer a personal tour and a kit-up at Stage 4 at RED Studios. ( Stage 4 is Me and Jim's private "office" @ Red Studios ) I never thought a tour would ever be worth anything but if it will sweeten the deal.. I am all for it!

I will throw in a screening of something on our prototype Laser Projector as well :cool:

dustylense
10-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Hey man, just trying to broker a deal here :cool: So do you electronically shake the hand for the offer proposed by me on behalf of Mr. Teeth with the jewel of the west?

vidguy22
10-27-2012, 02:22 AM
MEET HERE ....

http://s7.postimage.org/stcum40sr/red_3.png (http://postimage.org/)
upload pictures (http://postimage.org/)

Dave Chin
10-27-2012, 02:22 AM
give me your scarlet and $3000 then i'll give you my BMCC (you know you want two - i do...)

Fluoro
10-27-2012, 02:24 AM
This thread is confusing my poor little brain.

Abobakr
10-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Hallelujah.., I would not miss this sweet deal from Jarred if I were you..

Lorenzo Straight
10-27-2012, 03:03 AM
Hey Jarred, good to see you over here. Nice offer too.

Jarred Land
10-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Ha Lorenzo.. good to see you man.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
10-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Hey you guys all be quiet over there.. you are going the wrong way in price :)

heh heh heh.

I am more than happy to offer a personal tour and a kit-up at Stage 4 at RED Studios. ( Stage 4 is Me and Jim's private "office" @ Red Studios ) I never thought a tour would ever be worth anything but if it will sweeten the deal.. I am all for it!

I will throw in a screening of something on our prototype Laser Projector as well :cool:

Hi Jarred: For fun, you should put a strict time limit deadline on the deal, like 6:00 AM PST 10/27/12 or something. All or nothing. Just to make "whoatemyteeth"'s heart stop when he checks in later in the morning after a night of partying and realizes he missed out on the deal of a lifetime. And then tell him, "Just kidding!", and then do the deal anyway.

I'd give anything to see webcam footage of whoatemyteeth at the moment he thought he'd missed out.

P.S.: Sam M-M's suggestion to whoatemyteeth about his arranging a 50-50 income profit deal with a local rental house is also a very good idea, too.

P.P.S.: G'night all. Boy, this week's BMCC "status update" from Mr. Grant Petty was a doozy, wasn't it (not)? ;-)

Tom
10-27-2012, 04:29 AM
This sorta reminds me of slugworth in charlie and the chocolate factory ;-).

(In a playful, not trying to be nasty kinda way)

zareone
10-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Am I the only one surprised that one of RED's chiefs is a ADMIN in a forum dedicated to Black Magic Cinema Camera??

I mean, nothing wrong with RED (Sony, ARRI...) people posting here, but being an administrator doesn't seem fair to me... (I guess they can read private messages, block and delete posts / threads...)

CaptainHook
10-27-2012, 04:30 AM
whoatemyteeth will be whoatemybrain if he passes on Jarred's offer. :D Killer deal.

Am I the only one surprised that one of RED's chiefs is a MODERATOR in a forum dedicated to Black Magic Cinema Camera??

He's not a moderator. He's an ADMIN. :D

zareone
10-27-2012, 04:33 AM
whoatemyteeth will be whoatemybrain if he passes on Jarred's offer. :D Killer deal.

He's not a moderator. He's an ADMIN. :D

Yep, I've realized just after submitting my post. I've edited it.
Seriously... don't understand what's happening here... (maybe nothing wrong, but just wondering...)

Liam
10-27-2012, 04:35 AM
Am I the only one surprised that one of RED's chiefs is a ADMIN in a forum dedicated to Black Magic Cinema Camera??

I mean, nothing wrong with RED (Sony, ARRI...) people posting here, but being an administrator doesn't seem fair to me... (I guess they can read private messages, block and delete posts / threads...)

I used to run a few forums and I don't remember being able to actually check PM's, that is very far fetched.

Fluoro
10-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Yep, I've realized just after submitting my post. I've edited it.
Seriously... don't understand what's happening here... (maybe nothing wrong, but just wondering...)

Nothing sinister going on.

read this thread: http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?691-Who-owns-this-website

zareone
10-27-2012, 04:44 AM
I used to run a few forums and I don't remember being able to actually check PM's, that is very far fetched.

OK, maybe reading PM's is too much, even for an admin, but not the rest (locking / deleting)

adam777
10-27-2012, 04:45 AM
There goes my camera ...

... what a great plug for RED :)

zareone
10-27-2012, 04:48 AM
Nothing sinister going on.

read this thread: http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?691-Who-owns-this-website

Thanks Fluoro. Everything is clear now :) Sorry if I've hijacked the thread..

I read this board on a regular basis, but usually don't post, and I don't want half of my posts being of this kind (conspiracy theories :D)...

Fluoro
10-27-2012, 04:52 AM
There goes my camera ...

I was betting that once whoatemyteeth actually shot with the BMC he would decide to keep it...

Fluoro
10-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks Fluoro. Everything is clear now :) Sorry if I've hijacked the thread..

No worries I can understand how weird it might have seemed at first.

softdrinks
10-27-2012, 07:37 AM
$6k, the new standard for offers. The infamous ebay fiasco lives on!

Jeff
10-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Honestly, if this is really jarred, push for more like 10k+ worth of red stuff, it would totally be worth it for them.

ianim8
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Honestly, if this is really jarred, push for more like 10k+ worth of red stuff, it would totally be worth it for them.

he's not that desperate.

Jeff
10-27-2012, 10:59 AM
he's not that desperate.

Then why would he come on this form and post to some "nobody" who has the camera he wants? I'm sure hes been looking and lurking the forums.

DJJ
10-27-2012, 11:02 AM
This is not an easy decision. Firstly, as whoatemyteeth pointed out, he cannot afford to keep both cameras. By taking up Jarred's fantastic offer, he still has to pay for that BMC, yes he'll get $5k worth of Scarlet kit, but at the price of $3k which he can't afford and wasn't planning on spending right now, having stretched himself to the limit just getting the Scarlet.

I started out being slightly envious thinking it was a lucky position to be in, now I'm not so sure! :)

Certainly a unique opportunity though, good luck whoatemyteeth, make a decision you can live with, sometimes a little risk is ok to take advantage of a rare opportunity.

ianim8
10-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Then why would he come on this form and post to some "nobody" who has the camera he wants? I'm sure hes been looking and lurking the forums.

For starters he owns this forum.
And I have sneaky suspicion that he knows the owner of the BMCC.
And whoatemyteeth aint just a nobody :P

Jeff
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
For starters he owns this forum.
And I have sneaky suspicion that he knows the owner of the BMCC.
And whoatemyteeth aint just a nobody :P

lol no he doesn't, then why wouldn't he just PM him or Email him rather, or call lol

mhood
10-27-2012, 11:47 AM
The Truth shall set you free. ;-)

I thought WAMT had two BMCs on order. What's he going to do with his second preorder since he can't afford his first?

Jarred Land
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Lol good to know conspiracy theories still are all alive and running well : )

Nothing magical going on and I haven't been hunting for a new camera.... Trust me, I have enough cameras to keep me entertained for quite some time.

What really happened... I saw a new RED camera owner with a difficult decision to make, so I decided to help him out. Simple as that.

John Murphy
10-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Good for you, Jarred. That's the spirit we need more of around here!

mhood
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
It would sure be fun for RED to offer a striped but shoot ready Scarlet for $4,999.99...All the frustrated BMC preorders jumping ship at the same time would be a blast to watch. :-)

Jeff
10-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah, lol Jarrad, help me out, give me a scarlet with the side SSD and a SSD in EF mount, for $4000 and ill hop in the red boat. If you're all about helping people out :D

Jason Ramsey
10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
he said helping people out... not charity :)

Jeff
10-27-2012, 01:23 PM
he said helping people out... not charity :)

lol I would still be paying $4000 for the kit :D, but in all seriousness I would do that Jarrad. PM me if you want to make a poor college age guy with the dream of making some kick rear end movies dream come true.

Lorenzo Straight
10-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Likewise my friend. We'll see what Red's new prices are on Wednesday, who knows, maybe it could happen for me there too. Good times.

Abobakr
10-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I saw a new RED camera owner with a difficult decision to make, so I decided to help him out. Simple as that.

R E S P E C T... Jarred, I salute you

Jason Ramsey
10-27-2012, 01:27 PM
lol I would still be paying $4000 for the kit :D, but in all seriousness I would do that Jarrad. PM me if you want to make a poor college age guy with the dream of making some kick rear end movies dream come true.

You might want to spell his name correctly before you go asking him for favors :devil:

EDIT: damn... we need some emoticons up in this joint...

Jeff
10-27-2012, 01:31 PM
You might want to spell his name correctly before you go asking him for favors :devil:

EDIT: damn... we need some emoticons up in this joint...

Lol I've never seen his name before I saw his for the first time. Jarred*

mhood
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Better hurry...you sure want to beat Canon with their $2400.00 C100 Christmas Special. :-)

vidguy22
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Better hurry...you sure want to beat Canon with their $2400.00 C100 Christmas Special. :-)

real or joke? I wish RED could offer a budget entry. Cause 3k is my max max budget on a camera.

mckajvah
10-27-2012, 02:17 PM

The "shootout" is the real reason why Jarred want to take the camera out of whoatemyteeth's hands... It's also the reason why no real comparison was made, and Jarred sent the whole team to "His-therapy". ;)

mhood
10-27-2012, 02:20 PM
real or joke? I wish RED could offer a budget entry. Cause 3k is my max max budget on a camera.

Sadly, joke...sorry.

vidguy22
10-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Sadly, joke...sorry.

ha.! I seriously wish RED could offer a package at the 3K mark. There probably feelin some pressure if the BMC Is a hit. I doubt they ever will though.

HHL
10-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Lol good to know conspiracy theories still are all alive and running well : )

Nothing magical going on and I haven't been hunting for a new camera.... Trust me, I have enough cameras to keep me entertained for quite some time.

What really happened... I saw a new RED camera owner with a difficult decision to make, so I decided to help him out. Simple as that.

MAD respect, Jarred. A breath of fresh air. We need some around here. Lately it's been pretty gross. This made me smile. CHeers!

DJJ
10-27-2012, 02:46 PM
First the relentless waiting for news on BMCC shipments, now the agonising suspense over whether Whoatemyteeth will accept Jarred's offer..... :) it's like a damned soap opera. I really need to stop coming here....

Jarred Land
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
We are sorted... Whoatemyteeth is set.

Sorry guys.. I wish I could help with the waiting or even give an update on the why for the wait for BMC, but it's not my company, and I don't know anything :(

Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

HHL
10-27-2012, 03:25 PM
We are sorted... Whoatemyteeth is set.

Sorry guys.. I wish I could help with the waiting or even give an update on the why for the wait for BMC, but it's not my company, and I don't know anything :(

Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

That is so sick!!!!! Jarred Land with a BMC in his hands!!!! So cool. I understand that you have Nikon's and Canon's and Medium format cameras .....etc, etc. But that is STILL SO COOL!!!! Thanks for sharing with us. Even though this was an action to help one of your customers, it has inspired me as a BMCUser. :) YOU DA MAN!

Jason Ramsey
10-27-2012, 04:01 PM
He just wanted to own a camera that Jannard (apparently, an avid collector) doesn't already have 10 of :)

whoatemyteeth
10-27-2012, 04:45 PM
This is not an easy decision. Firstly, as whoatemyteeth pointed out, he cannot afford to keep both cameras. By taking up Jarred's fantastic offer, he still has to pay for that BMC, yes he'll get $5k worth of Scarlet kit, but at the price of $3k which he can't afford and wasn't planning on spending right now, having stretched himself to the limit just getting the Scarlet.

I started out being slightly envious thinking it was a lucky position to be in, now I'm not so sure! :)

Bingo! The BMC set me back about $3100, and unfortunately on this very rare week I don't have the cash flow to cover that, not matter what kind of goods trade is made.

It pained me to turn down Jarred's offer, but we've now come to an agreement that works.

We'll be meeting Monday to make the switch. In the mean time a sealed box is just starting at me in my living room. Hurting my soul.

http://s10.postimage.org/nujos9ii1/image.jpg http://s10.postimage.org/qsgnlyq5l/image.jpg

Abobakr
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
http://s10.postimage.org/nujos9ii1/image.jpg

Something is so FREAKY... Blackmagic, black box.. Black board on the back with a huge bulk words "believe in Ghosts" written on it!!!

JIKIJI
10-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I said it from the very start. Naming it Blackmagic means a cursed camera.

Fluoro
10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I need to move to L.A.

ianim8
10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
It pained me to turn down Jarred's offer, but we've now come to an agreement that works.

Careful, he's Canadian (rumor has it).
Land of Hockey and Bryan Adams....
Shifty I tell yaa, shift ;)

jokes, good for you whoatemyteeth.
Im sure a lot of us here wishes they had your dilemma.

Wishing you and your Scarlet well ;)

CaptainHook
10-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Congrats to Jarred and whoatemyteeth!

whoatemyteeth
10-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Update: Went to RED Studios, was treated to a personal tour learning about the studios long Hollywood history, had a private screening of incredible 2k and 4k footage in a theater set up that ruins all public cinema houses for me, met Jarred in his Western themed (http://www.behance.net/gallery/Red-Studios/2409070), "office" (wow. just. wow.), checked out his extensive camera arsenal (complete with 2/3" Scarlet models), and walked away a very proud RED Scarlet owner (with a bag of extra swag).

It was one of those days where it's so rad it doesn't sink in until it's over.

Will I get another BMC? I'm not sure. I no longer own any DSLRs, which are great for low profile, grab and go shooting, but the BMC doesn't quite fill that gap, and since it's still a mystery when they'll be mass producing, a competitor cam might pop up at NAB...

nickjbedford
10-30-2012, 01:06 AM
A little bit jealous ;)

Fluoro
10-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Wow, what a day. That's something to tell the grandkids.

adam777
10-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Update: Went to RED Studios, was treated to a personal tour learning about the studios long Hollywood history, had a private screening of incredible 2k and 4k footage in a theater set up that ruins all public cinema houses for me, met Jarred in his Western themed (http://www.behance.net/gallery/Red-Studios/2409070), "office" (wow. just. wow.), checked out his extensive camera arsenal (complete with 2/3" Scarlet models), and walked away a very proud RED Scarlet owner (with a bag of extra swag).

It was one of those days where it's so rad it doesn't sink in until it's over.

Will I get another BMC? I'm not sure. I no longer own any DSLRs, which are great for low profile, grab and go shooting, but the BMC doesn't quite fill that gap, and since it's still a mystery when they'll be mass producing, a competitor cam might pop up at NAB...

Congratulations!

Lorenzo Straight
10-30-2012, 02:17 AM
It's just = That is freakin awesome, that's all!

Trevor Roach
10-30-2012, 06:33 AM
Wow. That sounds awesome! Hopefully you took some pictures!
Congrats!

DJJ
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Yup, back to being envious again! ;) That's an awesome day right there, kudos to Jarred for laying that on, a nice experience to receive, and I'm sure a nice thing to be able to give also.