PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an EVF or Mini 4k yet?

steve phillipps
09-27-2015, 08:41 AM
If I remember correctly at IBC the Blackmagic team said that the Mini 4k would in customers' hands in 2 weeks, and that the EVF was shipping right then (is that right, that's what I thought I'd heard?) So has anyone seen anything yet or have any other news?
Cheers,
Steve

DanKanes
09-27-2015, 08:58 AM
I got lucky and got an EVF.

Makes a great image on my epic Dragon.

steve phillipps
09-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Thanks Dan - how did you get lucky? Did you put in an early pre-order? Does that mean that there a few out there but lots of pre-orders to fill first? Dealers I speak to say they have no word from BM at all about shipping dates.
Steve

steve phillipps
09-28-2015, 06:17 AM
Only 1 person with an EVF?
Steve

Steven Abrams
09-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, how many users on this forum have an URSA already? And how many of them DON'T already have an EVF? And how many read this section? (the news and info section)
I'm guessing it's shipping in limited numbers since I've seen unboxing videos etc, but this forum represents only a small percentage of users so not that surprising at this stage. I'd expect to see more once URSA Mini's are shipping in VOLUME.

steve phillipps
09-28-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm just a bit surprised that when my dealer asks BM for an eta they have absolutely no idea. I could understand that if the product was still in development but not if was already shipping.
Steve

CaptainHook
09-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Hi, the viewfinder is definitely shipping. Who's your dealer?
A user just posted on our forum they received one, and there have been others:
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40191

steve phillipps
09-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks Cap - I'm in the UK and have spoken to a couple of dealers, and they just say BM here don't know when they'll get anything in.
Steve

steve phillipps
10-06-2015, 09:03 AM
BM here in the UK still have zero idea on expected date of the Mini 4k - anyone else?
Cheers,
Steve

parkerj
10-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Anyone heard anything on a ramp up of the Viewfinder?

We ordered one day 1 of shipping, and our dealer still hasn't heard anything on when they will be in.

steve phillipps
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I guess it's all quiet then! The silence is quite deafening!
Steve

vicharris
10-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Well some of us that have URSAs already have great viewfinders like the Gratical so that's prob one reason people aren't chinning in.

steve phillipps
10-06-2015, 01:45 PM
...But no-one has any idea on progress with Mini - even the 4k!

vicharris
10-06-2015, 02:03 PM
...But no-one has any idea on progress with Mini - even the 4k!

The 4k is out. There's a huge thread about it.

Jake Hellbach
10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
The 4k is out. There's a huge thread about it.

Link Please? I've seen some threads about the 4k but nothing saying its out.
B&H still says October 22

steve phillipps
10-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Like I said, BM themselves here in the UK have no idea when they'll see even the 4k Mini, my dealer spoke to them today. The thread I think you're referring to was a loan pre-production camera.
Steve

rosaklebhead
10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
The Blackmagic Ursa Mini is not out there yet. But it is available for pre order.

CaptainHook
10-07-2015, 04:16 PM
The URSA Mini 4K is beginning to ship, and we added software support for it to our website yesterday.

vicharris
10-07-2015, 08:57 PM
The URSA Mini 4K is beginning to ship, and we added software support for it to our website yesterday.

Thanks for stopping the incorrect info Hook.

steve phillipps
10-08-2015, 03:17 AM
Yes, thanks for that, nice to know that it is NOW beginning to ship rather than already out there as some people mistakingly thought!
Steve

vicharris
10-08-2015, 03:18 AM
Yes, thanks for that, nice to know that it is NOW beginning to ship rather than already out there as some people mistakingly thought!
Steve

Seriously man, are you trying to be an asshole? Come out and say it.

It's out.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?15156-Looks-like-someone-received-their-Ursa-Mini-4k

Piss off

steve phillipps
10-08-2015, 03:29 AM
But it wasn't out when the discussion was going on - you were the one who was mistaken and it was a bit pathetic to try to say that you were right all along and others were wrong. Have a little humility.
Steve

vicharris
10-08-2015, 03:54 AM
But it wasn't out when the discussion was going on - you were the one who was mistaken and it was a bit pathetic to try to say that you were right all along and others were wrong. Have a little humility.
Steve

It is shipping and I said that 2 days ago. I didn't say it 2 weeks ago. WTF is going on with this forum, seriously?

Maybe, just maybe, others might know more that you. You ever think about that?

steve phillipps
10-08-2015, 04:05 AM
The reply from Hook was that it was beginning shipping, not that it was shipping 2 days ago. You made a mistake about that and the "massive thread" which was actually by someone who had been loaned a camera, but that's fine, no-one said to you "so there, you were wrong!", and there was no need for you to try to try to put others down by saying they were mistaken and you were right all along.
And you're right, what is happening to this forum when someone can use abusive and aggressive language like that and not get banned? Hopefully the mods do look at it when posts are reported.
Steve

Jason Ramsey
10-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Too much bickering and personal shit on the forums lately. It's time to fire up the ban machine. No tolerance moving forward. Final warning. If you engage in personal attacks, you will be banned without warning. Doesn't matter who started it.

Also, reporting a post, and then continuing the problem by further engaging other forum members defeats the purpose of reporting the post. It also makes more work for moderators. Please just report problem threads or posts.