Written by Aaron Hall and Mika Rekai
Sound recorded by Andrew Reid
Thanks to Chase Hart and Mark Matusoff

Starring:
Andrew Frost
Mika Rekai

Taylor Magyar
06-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Nice concept- Your actors were pretty spot-on playing that out.

Stephen Mick
06-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Well done, Aaron. Entry cleared for judging. Nice work!

keithlango
06-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Man, I'd punch that guy! Heheh. Talent did a good job. Nice modern Arri-log lo-con look, solid staging, well exposed. Well done!

DPStewart
06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh this is good!

I love a really good snarky guy any day.

Actually hits the mark for promoting recycling too.

VERY good.

Taylor Magyar
06-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Very nice- They have to be from some sort of comedy group right? They had some pretty spot-on chemistry. Nice spot!

Joe Giambrone
06-25-2015, 09:43 PM
It has that nerd lecture vibe that turns people off and makes them dislike nerds.

townio
06-26-2015, 05:08 AM
#inafterjoehasdistilledthehateagain

This is solid. Great performance from the actors, especially the guy and his crazy rant.

Really nice editing too, and good timing for the comedy!

ahall
06-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone. The lo-con look wasn't intentional, I have to say. We had a 2hr window after a rainstorm and before sunset to shoot.. I was hoping for a nice sunny day look, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise! I rushed the color grading and sound too because of time constraints, but overall I think I'm happy with it.
Our lead actress bailed at the last minute, so the writer stepped up... Luckily she and the main actor are friends and I agree, they have good chemistry. No comedy group, just two talented people helping me out. Thanks again everyone.

vealti
06-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Nice job! The actors did great, especially the nerdy guy who seemed borderline obsessed / crazy. I thought your framing, variety of camera angles, and editing were very good. It seemed like the background sound and noise levels would change on cuts, maybe a continuous background audio track running under the whole thing could have helped even that out? I'm not a fan of the low con look but I didn't find it distracting from the spot. It did feel a little preachy to me but you did get in a lot of recycling stats. Overall a great spot.

schulein
06-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Apologies for the late commentary here.

Yeah, the actors did a really nice job! The writer did a nice job stepping into the role at the last minute. These "nerd lectures" can quickly get grating but this one worked for the most part. It may have worked a bit better shorter but I'm not sure which facts you could cut. The grade seemed to drift slightly throughout the piece but I only picked up on it after watching a few times. There were also a few rough audio transitions at video cuts.

Overall, the chemistry between the actors and the snappy edit made this fly. Nice job cramming all those facts into such a short runtime!

WholeBrainFilms
06-27-2015, 01:26 PM
The actors turned in a fine performance. I wanted to believe the 'know-it-all' was perhaps a professor. "What are you doing here, Dr. Deign?"
It could open possibilities for gags, props, story twists... I'm not sure I understand the look. The umbrella pass at the end might be a clue. Go with what nature gives you. If she hasn't learned the lesson a consequence may be catching her in a downpour. Consider it production value.