Sherrell Hubbard
Schivon Braswell
Nathan Gangoso

Stephen Mick
06-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Good stuff, Tim! Cleared for judging.

keithlango
06-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Fun concept! Overall feels quite solid- your talent is nicely rendered! Only technical quibble I had on the visuals was the light on the final shot. It looks like you had your front fill/key off to camera right and when the door opened it blocked the light, casting a shadow on your talent. If you put that light on the camera left then when the door opens it wouldn't create a shadow. Nice work overall!

DPStewart
06-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Okay! This probably doesn't work as a real PSA....but it KILLS as a comedy short!

Very well done in that regard!
Good actors too!

Taylor Magyar
06-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Nicely rendered skin tones- I wish you had access to a conveyor belt and some sort of crazy "man recycling machine" would have been fun to see the process- like a carwash, only better!

Joe Giambrone
06-25-2015, 09:48 PM
I liked this one. Maybe it could be more relevant to recycling trash though.

townio
06-26-2015, 03:59 AM
Nice work! Like keithlango said you have an issue on that last shot with the light but apart from that it's real solid. Congrats!

ahall
06-26-2015, 08:35 AM
I watched it a couple times, as it was impressive how you got so much into a 1-minute piece. Nicely structured. I found the first CU of the woman in the kitchen a little jarring though, as it seems like it was shot from the 'wrong' side. (Looking right in the wide shot, then slightly left in the CU). But again, overall nicely done.

vealti
06-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. @keithlango - good call! I don't remember why the light was on that side but I see your point. I was always more concerned about the spot the light put on the door when it was closed. @ahall - I was a little worried about eyelines. It was a hetic shoot. The male actor cancelled less than a hour before crew call, one of the actresses got caught in traffic and the other had to leave early so the only shots I had with both the actresses on set together was the opening two shot. The first CU wasn't suppose to be a close up but an over the shoulder shot. The only close up I wanted was when the lady in the blue dress said "I recycled" I do think my transitions didn't flow as well because I had to do all CUs, but that's they way it goes. But no matter eyelines are on me as the director/camera person.

schulein
06-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Apologies for comments coming in so late. Overall, really well done! The concept was unique and the piece was well produced.

A couple of the cuts were a bit awkward as you mentioned and the stinger at the end didn't quite work for me.

The music was great and you pulled it off despite the production difficulties! Well done.

WholeBrainFilms
06-27-2015, 01:56 PM
This could be much stronger as a :30. (falling :10 short of a :60) Re-cut this and watch it work much better. Use close-ups.