PDA

View Full Version : Switronix Battery

jdwyer
10-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Hi,

I was going to get the Switronix PB70 BMCC battery pack. But theres also the option of the Switronix PB70 Charger Battery Pack which is sold separately.

Do you not get a charger when you buy the battery?

Sorry for the newb question. Thanks!

Frank Glencairn
10-12-2012, 05:01 AM
I don't get it.

Why don't you guys just stick to the industry standard and use some v-mount bricks instead of some proprietary solutions?
They are plenty on every set, every renting house have them for peanuts, tried and trusted since decades.
Used fast chargers are cheap on ebay - I got most of my bricks also from there. Maybe they hold only 75% of their original charge but I seldom pay more than 50 bucks.

Frank

jdwyer
10-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Thanks Frank, I will have a look for some v-mount bricks, I assume these will come with a connection lead or I should I look for this separately. Thanks

Frank Glencairn
10-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Usually they are just bare bricks. Some of them come with a d-tap plug.

You want a mounting plate for them - I have one that provides a lot of different voltages from one battery and comes with a bunch of spiral cords, so you can power your whole rig from one single battery.
Everything, from monitor to wireless transmitters. Also doubles as a v-mount emergency charger, powered HDMI repeater and charger for your mobile phone or iPod. :)
Also acts as a nice counterweight for your shoulder rig.

http://www.coollcd.com/lanparte-vmount-plate_p881.html

pharpsied
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't get it.

Why don't you guys just stick to the industry standard and use some v-mount bricks instead of some proprietary solutions?
They are plenty on every set, every renting house have them for peanuts, tried and trusted since decades.
Used fast chargers are cheap on ebay - I got most of my bricks also from there. Maybe they hold only 75% of their original charge but I seldom pay more than 50 bucks.

Frank

Don't tickle my fancy, give me links to 50 dollar bricks!

dvbrother
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
How do you recharge the v-mount bricks? Must you purchase a separate, expensive charger?

mbeck
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
How do you recharge the v-mount bricks? Must you purchase a separate, expensive charger?
Yes. I love V-mount, but its not very cheap.. if you need cheap.. v-mount is not for you.

Lorenzo Straight
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
@jdwyre, if you really like the Switronix brand, here is where I got mine as a bundle with BMCC. No one has received their cameras yet, so you can cancel your BMCC order from wherever and order here and get a great discount on your power solution.
http://www.adorama.com/VDBMCCPK.html

Kevin Marshall
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Well, the sorta-cool thing is that the Powerbase essentially is a V-mount brick, just with a mount for a camera on it. You can just as easily put it on a traditional v-lock plate and treat it like a normal brick. It just happens to give you a stripped-down option. Kind of like a gateway drug to v-mount.

Evolution
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Tekkeon myPower ALL?? Works with Blackmagic or not? Someone, please test this for me

RockettMan
03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.switronix.com/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=166&category_id=50

karn105
03-15-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't get it.

Frank

Does one of the cords it comes with work with the BMC?

Kwekwe
07-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Indipro Tools has 2, one with XLR adapter one without. Both use 2 LP-E6 batteries. I got mine from B and H for around $95 plus batteries

fatihdes
08-12-2014, 01:54 PM
I couldn't find any brick for 50 bucks. Do you have any recommendation?