PDA

View Full Version : Gratical HDMI Problems

vicharris
05-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Just wondering if anyone else here received their Gratical and if so, can you get HMDI to work? SDI is fine but I can't find any menu setting to switch between the two and HMDI in does not work on either of my Graticals leading me to believe I'm doing it wrong. Nothing in the manual about this so I'm guessing it's automatic. I'm using the same cables I always have from my Pocket so I'd imagine they are good.

Need some help within the hour if at all possible.

vicharris
05-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Though nobody has a Gratical here I've found the problem. Another HDMI port going bad. I'm done with connections like these. Admins you can close or delete this thread if you like.

rick.lang
05-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Still valuable to know the Gratical is fine but if another user has a problem, now it may be the HDMI port on the camera (I presume).

misterkofa
05-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Still valuable to know the Gratical is fine but if another user has a problem, now it may be the HDMI port on the camera (I presume).

Gratical is fine. Vic and I confirmed yesterday that it is indeed the port on his pocket. It worked fine on my pocket so we know gratical was fine. Then as a test, we connected my small hd dp4 to his pocket which displayed random flickering.

rick.lang
05-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Great to have a few cinematography buds close by in your small town!

vicharris
05-15-2015, 10:13 AM
The thing that's disappointing is another bad HDMI port. Since the day I've had this camera (2nd one because of bad HDMI and Power Port) it's had the Movcam Cage and HDMI Lock which allows zero movement. So even with a solid cage and hdmi clamp/lock, the hdmi ports still go bad on these cameras. I've been one of the most outspoken people about others breaking their hdmi ports because they are not using a cage or clamp but this just proves it might not really matter. All we're doing is delaying the inevitable I guess. It's a bummer that right before I sell this and the BMCC, they both break and are out of warranty. At least I didn't pay $16,000 for one of these bad boys ;)

JOSOCAcreative
05-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Sorry about the hdmi.

vicharris
05-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I'm done with this small hdmi stuff.