PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

MarioAna
09-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Thought i'd just introduce myself.

I'm Mario, from the bottom of Africa (South Africa) to be exact.

Been reading the forum for a while now, finally decided to join up. You guys think you have it bad with waiting for your cameras well here we don't even have access to a proper distributor, we have to order with a local company that's probably just ordered through B&H anyway. I have no idea when the camera we ordered will get to us but hopefully soon.

I'm really looking forward to shooting with it in the near future, and looking forward to sharing with this community.

We recently just entered the 48hr Film Project (Johannesburg), was quite an experience, let me know what you guys think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AjoD3g7Bsg&hd=1

MiguelFranco
09-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi Mario, I feel your pain, I'm in Mozambique. I'm even thinking about going to the USA and try to buy it there... But it won't be soon =S because of the waiting list

Ameer Azari
09-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Not gonna lie, whenever I see 48 Hour films, I tend to be fairly unimpressed...

Suffice to say this was amazing :). Nice angles, and for once, an amateur (I'm assuming) child actress who's character I was genuinely interested in.

Good job :D

MarioAna
09-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Mario, I feel your pain, I'm in Mozambique. I'm even thinking about going to the USA and try to buy it there... But it won't be soon =S because of the waiting list

Yeah it really sucks, plus we end up paying so much more. But such is life. I've put down a 30% deposit and it looks like i'll end up paying $3,900.

So basically almost 30% more for the same thing :(

Not gonna lie, whenever I see 48 Hour films, I tend to be fairly unimpressed...

Suffice to say this was amazing :). Nice angles, and for once, an amateur (I'm assuming) child actress who's character I was genuinely interested in.

Good job :D

Thank you very much. The girl is my daughter, it was her first effort at acting and she did not like it one bit. But she at least got through the whole thing.

MiguelFranco
09-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah it really sucks, plus we end up paying so much more. But such is life. I've put down a 30% deposit and it looks like i'll end up paying $3,900.

So basically almost 30% more for the same thing :(

Yeah, I saw that dealer... For that extra, I can pay a ticket to USA and buy there. Just have to see if I can preorder and pick it up at the store. Looking for other options, but for now this is what I'll do.