PDA

View Full Version : Clip review and delete on camera?

Craig
04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Question for anyone who has tested the camera.

Are you able to review footage and delete bad takes when out in the field?
Seems like a no brainier but my hyperdeck shuttle doesn't allow deleting which pretty much sucks, especially when it doesn't take long to fill up an ssd.

Craig.

mbeck
04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I really hope so. I am sure you can review clips since they have transport controlls on the camera.

Craig
04-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Yep you can review on the hyperdeck shuttle. You can't delete.
It was the button layout that made me think to ask as they are lifted from the hyperdeck.

John Brawley
04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Question for anyone who has tested the camera.

Are you able to review footage and delete bad takes when out in the field?
Seems like a no brainier but my hyperdeck shuttle doesn't allow deleting which pretty much sucks, especially when it doesn't take long to fill up an ssd.

Craig.

You can review in both DNG and Pro Res / DNx and it plays back beautifully.

Like a Hyperdeck, you can't delete, or edit or mark the shots.

jb

John Brawley
04-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Yep you can review on the hyperdeck shuttle. You can't delete.
It was the button layout that made me think to ask as they are lifted from the hyperdeck.

The camera is basically a Hyperdeck, with a sensor and a screen.

jb

Craig
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Ok, thanks for that. This could be a pain for working raw especially (unless you have tons of ssd space). Excuse my ignorance but could I use my old net book and an external USB sata cable to erase and continue or will this somehow make the ssd less able to write to a fragmented drive?

mbeck
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
They really need to add the ability to delete clips. With the file sizes we are talking about.. that is going to be essential.

John Brawley
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
They really need to add the ability to delete clips. With the file sizes we are talking about.. that is going to be essential.

I doubt you'll see this anytime soon. Alexa doesn't offer this. Neither does RED.

It's just a mentality about being paranoid.

jb

mbeck
04-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I doubt you'll see this anytime soon. Alexa doesn't offer this. Neither does RED.

It's just a mentality about being paranoid.

jb
Boo! I get the reason why.. but I still wish they would do it. Even if it was a feature that you have to enable from a menu.