PDA

View Full Version : Good examples of corporate video showreels?



analog_addict
02-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get out of the freelance world and seek some employment. I've cut a new cinematography reel for more creative companies but I also need to cut a corporate reel.

Searching around most corporate reels are pretty foul. Very tacky without much style.

Does anyone know of any really nice corporate reels to give me some ideas on cutting and pace?

Some reels have full clips of talking heads etc while others only have images to music. I think showing some footage with the original audio would be important.

TIA

robmneilson
02-20-2015, 09:38 AM
So many corporate reels are just awful, some big firms where I live don't even bother to update them and just have a ton of stuff from Shell shoots in SD from 1992.

I don't put the audio in any of my corporate reels, but I've often been tempted to. My reel right now is a bit weird as I just sandwich some talking heads stuff in the middle. I keep planning (though I never follow through) to just make a :60 reel of only talking heads since I'm sure many clients just want to see that stuff.

analog_addict
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
So many corporate reels are just awful, some big firms where I live don't even bother to update them and just have a ton of stuff from Shell shoots in SD from 1992.

I don't put the audio in any of my corporate reels, but I've often been tempted to. My reel right now is a bit weird as I just sandwich some talking heads stuff in the middle. I keep planning (though I never follow through) to just make a :60 reel of only talking heads since I'm sure many clients just want to see that stuff.

I ended up just clipping together some good bits I had. Let the footage speak for itself I guess. It seems to be working as I have a job interview for a camera operator role next month!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WTTuNDt0g

I also send my cinematography reel since it shows a bit more of my creative side.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0osfbuGbjM

kgimedia
02-24-2015, 12:56 PM
I want to start by saying I haven't had a reel since 1998 when I was required to graduate. Also 98% of my corporate work can't be shown to the outside world. The other 2% I never remember to ask for the rights to show it. I've seen some extremely creative and some very basic boring talking heads stuff in my day. Budget often dictates how interesting it can be. This was a fun shoot and we all left with a sack full of peaches.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQnTRNoxp3Q