PDA

View Full Version : Dumb lens adapter for Nikon F to BMPCC

Danji
12-24-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm in the market for a lens mount to put Nikon F lenses on a BMPCC. I have the MB Speedbooster and want a dumb adapter so I can get more zoomed in focal ranges from my lenses (tokina 11-16 & soon Sigma 18-35.) Should I go with the Metabones adapter for ~$140 or is there a cheaper/better option? I will of course need the ability to step down the F-stops on the adapter.

Thanks for your help.

innerspark
12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10983711&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

100bucks not bad.

Nothing more annoying than a cheaply made, filmsy adapter. Don't cheap out here.

Truemotion
12-24-2014, 09:41 AM
After the metabones speed booster I am enjoying that one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AF-S-AI-F-Lens-To-M43-Adjustable-Focusing-Helicoid-Adapter-GM1-GX7-E-M5-/291053393488?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item43c4225650
Very cool to have a focusing helicoid solution with a dumb adapter in one

Danji
12-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Nothing more annoying than a cheaply made, filmsy adapter. Don't cheap out here.

That's what I was thinking, I just didn't want to pass up an equally good adapter for less. The helicoid posted by Truemotion has me concerned with it's all plastic build.

jeclark2006
12-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm in the market for a lens mount to put Nikon F lenses on a BMPCC. I have the MB Speedbooster and want a dumb adapter so I can get more zoomed in focal ranges from my lenses (tokina 11-16 & soon Sigma 18-35.) Should I go with the Metabones adapter for ~$140 or is there a cheaper/better option? I will of course need the ability to step down the F-stops on the adapter.

Thanks for your help.

I bought a cheap do nothing adapter for my Nikon lenses when I got my GH-1, I'm using it on my BMPCC with no problem. I've not had any 'infinity focus' problems and since there are no other optics, the not much else to fail.

As I recall it was about $60 USD.

Unfortunately I don't have it handy to give a name, but it was one of those ebay cheapies.

vicharris
12-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Go with the Metabones and don't look back. I've been using Nikon adapters with MFT mounts for years. I've gone through every type off EBay to the Novaflex. Some are ok, some are horrible to include the Novaflex and how much it twists. The Metabones is by far the tightest one I have. Junked all the others us metabones has great customer service as demonstrated in here frequently.

Truemotion
12-25-2014, 01:47 AM
Danji
I was surprised when I got it, it is entirely made from aluminum, read carefully about it.
I never got something better for that price.

Vicharris
Metabones sometimes has problems too. I've got a c mount adapter that I can't even mount on camera. First time I've got the speed booster It was playing a lot on camera. I just can't got it, how they able to do that one adapter can't mount at all and another is playing... I can't say anything bad about speed booster, but metabones has the same production flaws as any china made adapters.
I have also used novoflex nikon to eos adapter that was playing a lot too... for that price this is nonsense.

Pietro Mingotti
12-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Quenox makes super light, cheap and ultra durable adapters with manual iris control for the Nikon G lenses. I love them, they come approx €50 each. http://www.ramaidea.it/prodotti/it/Quenox-adattatore-con-anello-per-diaframma-Nikon-G-per-Canon-EOS__6324.aspx#.VJw3LsCA

Vanguard
12-25-2014, 03:13 PM
I have like 3 or 4 of em.
One turned out to not be good. But i have a few $20 ones that work just fine.
I am sure the metabones one is the best but i am not sure how much they cost.

edit: don't get the fotga one. The rest seem to be fine in the cheap adaptor price range.
(TBH i am not sure it controls the apeture. it has been a while since i used them. : /)