PDA

View Full Version : Anamorphic lens cleaning and ordering off Ebay

George
09-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Just a pretty strange question, I'm in the market for an anamorphic lens.

All i've seen are projector lenses that you clamp on the front. Now I read somewhere that you can't open these guys up and clean the inside. I just wondered if that was true of the Sancor 16C?

Most of the lenses i've seen up for sale have got fungus or little bits of dirt and need a bloomin' good clean! I'm gonna pair it with the Helios 58mm and hope to pay around 100 quid for one...

Thanks in Advance.

George

itimjim
09-13-2012, 06:48 AM
You can open up the Sankor 16C as far as I'm aware. Be very careful undoing the rear lens element as getting the front and rears lined up is like trying to split a hair with throwing knife from 50 meters. Until they line up perfectly, you're going to be in soft city.

Jorge De Silva
09-13-2012, 07:26 AM
I Already open one. And now i'm trying to create a new anamorphic by myself...! Short space between the lens... etc... but it's damn hard to get them aligned... etc...

George
09-13-2012, 10:22 AM
sounds like a nightmare lol, my grandfather used to fixed and built watches that were incredibly intricate ...sadly he can't help me now with his Alzheimers and while i can create a guitar pedal or two and play with electronics...I don't think I have his finesse.

George
09-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Would anyone recommend getting the Sankor- 16D? Never bought an anamorphic and don't really want a dud lol.