Nice work. Any Noise reduction there ?

jb

Fluoro
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh nice! Such lovely colours.

RyGuy
09-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Ah shucks guys :rolleyes:

... nah, just found it on the internets.

Andrew
09-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Call me a skeptic, but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually bmc footage.

RyGuy
09-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Call me a skeptic, but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually bmc footage.

Crossed my mind too, but only because I haven't heard of the person that uploaded it. It could be someone that got one of the first shipments in Asia though.

I did see some odd stuff (aliasing?) on the red lights in the first shot. But I have no idea what those look like in real life, so its hard to judge. I didn't see any normal suspects of aliasing, and the DR does look pretty good on it. Its not a Red, probably not a Alexa, maybe a c300, not a 5d3.... or BMC :)

RaphaelWood
09-12-2012, 04:35 AM
I dunno, am also kind of doubtful about this...

http://vimeo.com/48691958
He has an older video testing grade and although i won't judge how bad it looks before grade (might have been intentional) her clothes are pretty much aliasing galore.
JB has any of this happened to you while working with the BMCC? Seems too extreme to be the BMCC.

rawCAM35
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
I did see some odd stuff (aliasing?) on the red lights in the first shot. But I have no idea what those look like in real life, so its hard to judge. I didn't see any normal suspects of aliasing, and the DR does look pretty good on it.

The red lights are not made with a smooth surface, it is jagged skin.

rawCAM35
09-12-2012, 11:23 AM

So now if a video clip is good then it must not be from BMD camera ?

Andrew
09-12-2012, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually bmc footage. That's all.

Jorge De Silva
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Man, you are a Fanboy? Don't tell me that every GOOD clip in vimeo has to be from the BMCC?! Oh well it's not fully out on the market yet!

ianim8
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Hmm come to think of it, how hard would it be to upload a bunch of RED clips I shot and claim its a BMCC.
I will however just believe it was shot with a BMCC.
I dont see what the person gains from lying about it.

rawCAM35
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually bmc footage. That's all.

I have no reason to doubt what people posting on this and other forums until proven wrong or lying, but the truth will come out if this person is lying or doing it as a stunt.

Can you tell the readers here what are your reasons for the footage might not be from BMD camera.

Man, you are a Fanboy? Don't tell me that every GOOD clip in vimeo has to be from the BMCC?! Oh well it's not fully out on the market yet!

I did not say that every good clip on Vimew must be from BMD camera, read my post again

So you have a concrete evidence that BMD did not send any cameras to Japan .

I will react the same to the post regarding any other camera, it does not have to be BMD, it is not fair to doubt people who are going out of their way to shoot and share their findings with us.

I am still waiting for my BMD camera, and I based my purchase on the first few videos that I have seen coming out of this camera, I trust and appreciate everyone who tested and shared their experience with us.

Andrew
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I have no reason to doubt what people posting on this and other forums until proven wrong or lying, but the truth will come out if this person is lying or doing it as a stunt.

Can you tell the readers here what are your reasons for the footage might not be from BMD camera.

I did not say that every good clip on Vimew must be from BMD camera, read my post again

So you have a concrete evidence that BMD did not send any cameras to Japan .

I will react the same to the post regarding any other camera, it does not have to be BMD, it is not fair to doubt people who are going out of their way to shoot and share their findings with us.

I am still waiting for my BMD camera, and I based my purchase on the first few videos that I have seen coming out of this camera, I trust and appreciate everyone who tested and shared their experience with us.

Simply put, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually bmc footage. That's all. I don't mind if you or anyone else feels otherwise.

pcenginefx
09-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Just downloaded the 720p version from Vimeo.......looks like BMC footage to me, but I'm no expert.....

RaphaelWood
09-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I have no reason to doubt what people posting on this and other forums until proven wrong or lying.

Sorry but acording to what you're saying it's almost as if one shouldn't form an opinion that contradicts such videos even though our experience, knowledge or even gut feelings tell us otherwise, it's one thing being open minded but another having blind faith.

And no offence but this is the internet. People trick others all the time because they don't have to fear consequences, it's the nature of the beast.

But regarding these videos I personally don't believe them to be from a BMCC based on the huge amounts of aliasing, that's all, I still think it looks very DSLRish but for all we know that could just be how the BMCC behaves with video log or any other number of reasons(even though it says RAW).

See for yourself and look at the woman's clothes.

http://vimeo.com/48691958#at=0

Barry Green
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I personally don't believe them to be from a BMCC based on the huge amounts of aliasing, that's all,
Frankly, that's the thing that makes me think that it IS from the BMC... the complete lack of any anti-aliasing OLPF should exhibit exactly these types of artifacts, on a fabric like that.

vladnik
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
if this is BMC footage i would be surprised ...
bad DR and resolution and no organic look...
and that aliasing looks like line skipping sensor ...
we already have BMC shoots with fine fabrics and nothing close to this showed...
download 1080p version and check noise (mushy and muddy)
this looks like as dslr...

rawCAM35
09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry but acording to what you're saying it's almost as if one shouldn't form an opinion that contradicts such videos even though our experience, knowledge or even gut feelings tell us otherwise, it's one thing being open minded but another having blind faith.

I am not against others opinion, it is not a blind faith but good faith, otherwise you will never board a plane, drive a car or go to the hospital.

The night footage looks flat to me but still nice footage it does not matter what camera at this point, as a start I believe Kazuyoshi Tezuka is telling the truth that was shot on BMD camera until proven otherwise.

rawCAM35
09-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Frankly, that's the thing that makes me think that it IS from the BMC... the complete lack of any anti-aliasing OLPF should exhibit exactly these types of artifacts, on a fabric like that.

RaphaelWood
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM

But even though it has no AA filter we've never seen such bad aliasing in clothes before, different fabrics sure but still.
Bah, I'm not one who likes to speculate anyway, I'll see for myself when I get the camera. Just hope it gets here soon with all the rumours about end of the year release...
Also just like with the 5D MkII I believe someone will end up making an AA filter, just for the BMCC EF though.

Barry Green
09-13-2012, 12:24 AM
But even though it has no AA filter we've never seen such bad aliasing in clothes before, different fabrics sure but still.
I cannot fathom how you won't see it in tons and tons of examples, once a wider range of people start shooting with it. It's -- unavoidable. There is no anti-aliasing filter, and therefore it will alias. And it does, clearly and obviously observable all over the resolution chart that was posted. And what happens on that chart will happen in "real world" footage too.

Maybe I'm the grinch, but I like to know what the nasties are and what I have to do to avoid them. Leaving out the OLPF guarantees that there will be aliasing problems. It just plain guarantees it.

I mean, let's have MBeck put a Tokina 11-16 on the BMC, zoom out to 11mm, set it at a nice deep f-stop like f/8, and then shoot some corduroy at various distances like Chris Santucci did in the test video with drapery and his 5D. I have no doubt at all that there will be rainbow moire issues at certain distances (not ALL distances, but at some distances). There's not really any way that there couldn't be those issues.

Also just like with the 5D MkII I believe someone will end up making an AA filter, just for the BMCC EF though.
That may happen, it would be silly for them not to do so, and I predict that it will end up being a reasonably popular product once people start seeing the effects of aliasing in their images.

vladnik
09-13-2012, 02:08 AM
i know it will probably have minor aliasing in some situation...
my friend buy LEICA M9 and i never saw something that extreme ....
not even close and leica pixels are bigger than BMC ...
my problem with that image is not aliasing ...
just look at the colors , noise ...
this is DSLR 100%...

glnf
09-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi. I find it doubtful that this footage is what is described in the clip. "BMCC RAW" seems to show more clipping in the highlights than "After DaVinci". That can't be the case. Either the footage has been additionally processed or the "BMCC RAW" is likely not what it claims to be.

Cheers!
g

Barry Green
09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Entirely possible. Perhaps someone who speaks Japanese can ask them to post a DNG from the original footage? In any case, when the camera starts filtering into more and more hands we'll get definitive answers as to the aliasing questions. Having seen the charts, I feel quite confident in saying that there will be times where aliasing and moire patterns impact the images substantially, and would advise shooters to familiarize themselves with the techniques DSLR shooters employed to minimize it because I suspect that it will be a substantial issue going forward.

If I do proceed with a BMC, I will be very interested in the third-party AA filter.

DanKanes
09-13-2012, 12:55 PM
When shooting Raw one should either bring down the highlights manually, or use the Logarithmic transform (LUT) in Davinci - because while they might visually clip by default there is actually a lot of information in the highlights when you bring them down from a Raw file.

This is slightly different than red R3D raw in terms of highlight recovery.

As for the aliasing, I would recommend the use of a 1/4 soft frost or 1/4 to 1/2 Ultra Contrast filter if you are shooting anything you are worried might alias.

That's just me.

rawCAM35
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Kazuyoshi Tezuka wrote on vimeo " I have GH2 and I love it. But I think that the BMC is more excellent than GH2. It is because the image of GH2 cannot carry out a color grading later."

Kholi
09-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Ask him to post a CinemaDNG like Barry suggested, that'll tell plenty.

Roman
09-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I concur Andrew! This does not have the slightest bit of BMC mojo that we've gotten from pretty much every test video thus far. It doesn't really have to do anything with how good the clip is, it just simply lacks the unique look of the BMC. To be honest, I wouldn't be half surprised if this was the GH2. Not that it's a slight against my baby, but this just doesn't feel like BMC at all.

CaptainHook
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Did a bit of google..
His facebook, twitter, and blog all show him with the BMC or photos of it (and photos of him receiving it/unboxing).. not real evidence but i'm thinking it's legit. Took all of 2 seconds to find all this:

https://en.twitter.com/i/#!/tezukakaz/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fk9anaZws

http://www.aera.co.jp/teduka/weblog/blog3/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=356997644379402&set=pb.100002075076348.-2207520000.1347582284&type=1&theater

Here's some images i took from the links above for those too lazy.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0j1q0W3C13091b3N3s06/294631_356997644379402_2010930829_n.jpeg

http://f.cl.ly/items/0W3V2V1q0u471n3f0E1U/Coelsb0n.jpeg

http://f.cl.ly/items/3R15343d1t0Z3k3g2U3L/kT7NbTIR.jpeg

http://f.cl.ly/items/001D2p1i0o3b0Q0u0V47/k9anaZws.jpeg

Kholi
09-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Wellp, as usual, Barry was right.

I think a lot of cameras would have a hard time dealing with that kind of shirt, but I've been seeing moire in buildings etc. I guess this is another one on the list of trade-offs.

Andrew
09-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Ha Ha! I am surprised. It just all seemed a little off, but the guy has a bmc! It wasn't the aliasing for me, just the whole situation and the look of the night shots. Hopefully this guy posts some more videos shot in natural light.

RaphaelWood
09-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Yep, gotta hand it to Barry.
Will be there on top of the list to get an AA filter myself then.
Now I'm starting to agree with Barry that it's sad it doesn't come with one in the first place.

Toni Villar
09-14-2012, 05:27 AM
I had to use the Marvels DSLR Moire Filter plug-in in Final Cut Pro 7 to get rid of some moire, aliasing or whatever it was in the hairline of this green screen footage when I keyed it:

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?1093-It-arrived!-For-real-this-time!&p=23898#post23898

I agree 100% with Barry. There's something funky going on in a lot of BMCC footage.

Gwangjuboy
09-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Anyone have any idea what microphone that is on the camera?

taubkin
09-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Haha, the guy is a celebrity!

Btw, loved the adapter for sony batteries.

rawCAM35
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Anyone have any idea what microphone that is on the camera?

It is definitely like the one comes with Mini DV and other small cameras, as you see the cable is part of the Mic, there is no XLR connector on the Mic.

rawCAM35
09-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Another video GH2 versus BMdC ( ProRes ) from Mr. Kazuyoshi Tezuka

http://player.vimeo.com/video/49423581

David
09-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Here's our solution!

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?1151-Mosaic-Engineering-for-the-WIN!

Andrew
09-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Here's our solution!

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?1151-Mosaic-Engineering-for-the-WIN!

I think if they do make an AA filter for the bmc Barry will buy a dozen and keep the extras in his underground bomb shelter. :) You wouldn't want to be left in a post-apocalyptic world without properly matched AA filter! :)

Roman
09-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Guess I was wrong... weird. It really didn't look like BMC footage... I wonder if it was just the lighting throwing me off.