PDA

View Full Version : Tokina 11-16 BMPCC + Speedbooster

Ervani
07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXavvN_daQ

egproductions
07-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Why would you throw a variable ND on that? Just close down the aperture instead of putting the extra glass. Those things reek havoc on color temperature and contrast.

Ervani
07-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Why would you throw a variable ND on that? Just close down the aperture instead of putting the extra glass. Those things reek havoc on color temperature and contrast.

Just because I want to test it. It's just a TEST film...

Joe Giambrone
07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
"reek havoc"

Wreak.

Well I dig it. It's got a Euro 16mm arhouse look.

Fluoro
07-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Nice test. Lens performs well.

egproductions
07-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes typo, thank you. sorry if I came across harsh. Just pointing out that if your doing a test to see how the 11-16 works with the speedbooser and BMPCC (as your title suggests) then you should avoid the extra glass. I especially don't see a point of it with a wide lens when your not trying to get shallow DOF. Thanks for sharing!

Adam Roberts
07-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Using a VariND would still be better than closing right down. The lens performs best at around f/5.6-f/8. Closing down more starts to add defraction that would be way worse than adding a bit of extra glass to the front.

egproductions
07-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Using a VariND would still be better than closing right down. The lens performs best at around f/5.6-f/8. Closing down more starts to add defraction that would be way worse than adding a bit of extra glass to the front.

That is a good point I didn't consider, however, it still would be part of testing the lens and how it functions with a speedbooser on the bmpcc. The variable ND throws another...variable into the mix

No Tamanegi
07-25-2014, 12:35 PM
It's refreshing to see someone as utterly crushed by the obsession with single vanishing point perspectives as I am.

Footage looks great, so does the handheld. a little judder every now and again looks good. Can't wait for my BMPC and Speedbooster to arrive.