PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic Camera - New In Box.

Dolby
09-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I had this camera on order and bought a FS700 2 weeks ago and honestly forgot to cancel the order. Well, it shipped tonight and I dont need it. I comes tomorrow and I a, willing to sell it for my costs so far on it, (Camera + shipping) plus shipping to you and any paypal fees. I'd rather sell it to someone who really wants it than send it back to B&H.

Mike

Austin Flack
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
It really shipped to you? Sure I'll buy it, if this is for real. Since it's B&H I assume you're in the states. Send me a private message with the details.

randyman
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
All right, call me a cynic, but I'll bite...

Now, there are two ways one could approach this. One would be to assume "Mike", out of the hundreds of people who have orders placed with B&H, is the first and only one to receive shipping confirmation, and by an astonishing coincidence, doesn't actually want the camera. Pity.

The other is just to double down and ask, hey - I've heard a lot about a bridge they have in Brooklyn - any chance that's for sale, too?

If this is for real, there may be a second shoe-eating video premiering here soon.

Dolby
09-05-2012, 07:48 PM
It is no scam, I just don't need it. I have a FS700 and a new 5Dmkiii and simply don't have a need for the camera at this moment. If in doubt, I'll post pictures of it in tomorrow. BTW, it was order the first day the camera went up on B&H.

Also, if someone wants it in the Charlotte NC area, I'd rather do a local pickup.

Mike

Michael Ryan
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm interested what's your email?

rawCAM35
09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I contacted someone that I know at B&H on Monday, they have not received a camera yet ?????

mbeck
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I may have friends in charlotte, I would be interested in getting the camera if they could meet you and get it from you/

Dolby
09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
My email - dolby<at>yahoo.com

Side note....are the PMs working on this site?

mbeck
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I think you have to allow them in your profile.

Fluoro
09-05-2012, 08:25 PM
This just can't be for real. What are the chances that the very first person to get a shipping notice (or at least on bmcuser) just happens to not want it? I just find the odds of that so incredibly small. Stranger things have happened though.

Dolby
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Sale pending.....I'll update tomorrow if it does not go through.

Michael Ryan
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I emailed you maybe I'm too late?

Fluoro
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Just out of interest I entered "dolby[at]yahoo.com" into google and found it listed on "stop forum spam".

http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/173.234.133.109

It's possibly just a bit of bad luck. I feel bad posting this if it's just a simple mistake but thought you'd like to know Mike as you can contact the website and get your email address removed.

Dolby
09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
the yahoo dolby account has been mine since 90's and I am surprised it is on such a list. I am also the same dolby that is on DVXUSER.com since 2004.

I will contact the site and see about having my email address removed....thanks.

Kholi
09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Here's an interesting story about how I got my first camera:

Guy signs up for DVXuser and posts an HVX200 for sale with like three 16gb cards, a number of batteries, etc. First post he made, and in a good thirty minutes or so the mods swooped down on him and shut it down, deleted it. Thread vanished.

Just so happened that I was looking for a used HVX200 and I was so cash strapped that I PM'd him almost immediately, was smart enough to get his email address and phone number--because I knew he was going bye bye from the forums, and sure enough it vanished.

I bought that HVX200 I believe for 3500 with everything, or less, after putting him through the wringer and received it as stated, with ALL of this extra gear, three or four days later after the ebay sale I forced him into ended. Turned out he had traded it to someone who was doing video work (and getting out of it) for a paint job on his new bike and a tattoo.

Total, that package was a good 8K of gear, including the wide adapter etc.

If it sounds too good to be true, it typically is... except for that one time that it is true and you want to smash your head against a window for not biting first. LOL

For the record, Mike has sold stuff on DVXuser before, and nobody's reported him for being a bad seller. Member since 04.

mikowolf
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
but to be ekstra sure you can always record a video showing you next to the bmc box saying some password we make up and then post it online ;)

anyone can voice over, but not all can say it live on video with a boc in their hand, now can they :P

(thats just so that everyone keeps their head cool, before crying out "spammer, liar, etc")

Ps: please dont be offended by my post about if eventualy making such a clip because i dont know you and dont want to accuse you of nothing ;)

Dolby
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Kholi.

I am just someone that has too many cameras at the moment. I just upgraded my FS100 and 5Dmkiii in the last month and have not sold them yet and now the BMC Camera would just be waste of money. At the moment, I am very happy with the results from the FS700 with a pix recorder and raw workflow would just be an added headache for me and my client considering the level of clients I work with.

That being said, I love toys and it is going to be tough not to play with the new camera tomorrow when I get it.

Kholi
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm only sad that I didn't move fast enough. D'oh. Old age and mild complacency making me slow.

randyman
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Where are the other people who have received their shipping notices? Not just from B&H, but from every other dealer in the US and around the world? If this was really happening, this site and Blackmagic's site would be buzzing with confirmation that cameras were on their way to end users.

I'm not trying to be a cocky bastard; I will be the first to eat crow and grovel if this actually comes through. I'm making noise because it seems abjectly impossible, and someone is going to be robbed. I feel like there's a bus headed towards a crosswalk, and I have to try to push people out of the way.

If it's not too late, please be careful. And if you make a deal to buy this, please post a public notice in case you're not the only one.

imdjay
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM
pretty simple to call the bluff, just ask to see a screenshot of his bh order page. dolby can dark out any sensitive info he likes and prove that either he's got the one magic camera in the us, or that there's either a mixup or foulplay

Jason Ramsey
09-05-2012, 10:47 PM
while appreciate that folks are rightly skeptical when pursuing online purchases, I ask that folks only use this thread if they have an interest in purchasing the camera.

Do your homework if you are interested. If you are not, don't fill up other people's threads with accusations, as I am sure you would appreciate the same courtesy.

Please take a look again at the sticky thread for this section.
http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?824-BMCuser-marketplace

thanks.

Jason

mbeck
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I am the one that he is talking to about buying the camera. I am being careful and so far everything checks out. I am optimistic that this will all turn out fine.

Hopefully my biggest problem will be figuring out weather to just cancel my pre-order or try and find a way to transfer it to someone else (or find more money so I can have two! :) )

Thekreative
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh get two!

Martin
09-06-2012, 05:52 AM
If you decide you are not purchasing from Mike, please let us know!

Martin

mbeck
09-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Will do.

Trevor Roach
09-06-2012, 09:11 AM
... weather to just cancel my pre-order or try and find a way to transfer it to someone else...

If all goes through, and depending on where you are in your line, I'd be interested in taking your spot on the preorder (if possible).

Martin
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
PM'd you

Dolby
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
For the skeptics.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8039/7944018216_8e0898896b_n.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/7944018972_331cc4709e_n.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7944019630_de32c2de0e_n.jpg

Martin
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the pics Mike, I also emailed you at your dolby at yahoo account earlier today, in case it doesn't work out with Michael please let me know!

Dolby
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Mbeck was the first to jump on the sale. If for some reason it does not go through, I will let everyone know.

Mike

Martin
09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks!

Martin

vegetableman
09-06-2012, 11:30 AM
you are too nice to sell the camera for what you paid for it. If i was in your shoes i would probably throw it on ebay and watch my bank account inflate. I would imagine it would sell for atlas $5K. Some people are super impatient and arent willing to wait a few more weeks to get theirs.

Dolby
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I am too nice, I guess. The other offers are sure tempting. But I have already given someone my word, I'd sell it for my costs.

On a side note, it is very well built and feels very robust. The build quality is much better than I expected.

Mike

Michael Ryan
09-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Mbeck was the first to jump on the sale. If for some reason it does not go through, I will let everyone know.

Mike

I thought I inquired about this before MBeck looking at the 1st and 2nd page... I also emailed you through Yahoo.

Dolby
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I thought I inquired about this before MBeck looking at the 1st and 2nd page... I also emailed you through Yahoo.

I see that you were the first to inquire on the board, but in the whirlwind of responses that I received, I replied to the other Micheal first. He was also offering a local pickup, which seems a lot safer to me. I apologize for missing your response.

I did not realize this camera would have such a low supply and I have been getting requests to sell it at a HUGE profit. Part of me wishes, I could have waited and taken a few extra $$ and bought another toy for myself.

Mike

Yaso
09-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't want to see more footage of the camera. I don't want to see more unboxing videos. Neither do I want to speculate more about the shipping status. I just want this machine. Now.

mikowolf
09-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't want to see more footage of the camera. I don't want to see more unboxing videos. Neither do I want to speculate more about the shipping status. I just want this machine. Now.

rather, this mini computer :P
but i agree, gief it .. now!

Michael Ryan
09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I see that you were the first to inquire on the board, but in the whirlwind of responses that I received, I replied to the other Micheal first. He was also offering a local pickup, which seems a lot safer to me. I apologize for missing your response.

I did not realize this camera would have such a low supply and I have been getting requests to sell it at a HUGE profit. Part of me wishes, I could have waited and taken a few extra $$ and bought another toy for myself.

Mike

When I saw your thread I immediately replied showing interest. I'm sure you can gain an extra $500-1000 but you did state you were only looking to get what you paid and that really caught my attention. Little disappointed...

randyman
09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I promised to eat crow if this came through. Michael, I owe you an apology for assuming the worst. No excuses.